HELP with new car decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke pembroke

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm luke I am looking to change my car straight after xmas I currently have a audi a3 150bhp fwd with all extras and modded to s3 looks mirrors wheels seats lowered very nice car. I have been so happy with this car but I am looking for more power now as my insurance allows lol. I have got the decision down to 4 cars audi s3,audi s4, bmw 330ci sport or a golf r32 I need some feedback as I'm a bit stuck. My heart tells me s3 as I have always wanted one and never experienced the awd audi before and I have put a lot of effort into making my a3 look like one lol but the sound of the 6 cylinder bmw just does it for me same with the v6 r32 any help would be great I'm now 25 and have waited a long time for one of these cars so want to get it right.

Thanks all luke

Buy my V6 cossie for £4k. Shitloads of power, rear wheel drive and insurance is only £135 F/C a year on a classic policy :yes:

I have got the decision down to 4 cars audi s3,audi s4, bmw 330ci sport or a golf r32 I need some feedback as I'm a bit stuck.

You need to narrow down these to the specific model/year, there's two different types of each isn't there? What's your budget and do you mind high running costs? B5 Audi S4 with a remap will be the quickest in most conditions, E36 330Ci will be most fun to drive, Golf4 R32's will cost the most to buy, but it will hold it's value better out of the 4 choices, Golf5 R32 is expensive to tax and not much quicker. 8L Audi S3 I'm sure you read enough about them to know what they are like, you need to spend some money on suspension and remap to make it a better car though...

right...

A3 to 8l s3 isnt a worthwhile upgrade... just too much in common IMO. An 8p s3 on the otherhand...

S4 is a wicked car with tonnes of potential and space

wouldnt consider a e36 bmw because they are just too old, even a 330 e46 is a bit lame... i would be look at an m3 if any. And R32 golf are just S3s with a heavier engine and little tuning potential. And mk4 golfs are beginning to look dated now.

So out of the list I would look for an S4, but have you considered a focus ST? Pretty well build and fairly good looking with some awesome power hikes on remaps etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.