Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Ads
    License to drive

Status

Post Office selling new iPhone 5 already????????

.....nope. Just a normal day in a London post office.

So... just now walked into the post office near to where I work as I wanted to send a small parcel.
    I went up to the machine where you get a ticket giving you your number in the queue, and this is what came out.........

Looked up, saw zillions of people.... and walked straight back out again.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    .....nope. Just a normal day in a London post office.

So... just now walked into the post office near to where I work as I wanted to send a small parcel.
    I went up to the machine where you get a ticket giving you your number in the queue, and this is what came out.........

Looked up, saw zillions of people.... and walked straight back out again.
    LOL, thanks for sharing dude....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    LOL, thanks for sharing dude....
    Anytime.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    man i thought i missed something there. grrr

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Ok, a little bit of an update for those who are interested... (Welly, I think that's you mate)...

Decided to take my parcel to another, smaller, post office that a colleague told me was in the other direction.
    Walked down there and just as my workmate said, there it was. As I approached it I started having a look at my phone, walked the final few meters and opened the post office door and walked in.
    The queue had about 10 people in it, so better than the 57 in the other post office.

After queuing for about 10 minutes I was next in line. At that moment I had a Usual Suspects type moment...

I started looking around the room and noticing various bits of information that didn't make sense. First I saw an advert for the Barclays Premier League. Then I noticed that the colour scheme was blue rather than the red of the royal mail you'd expect. Then I saw what looked like cash deposit slips. Then I saw the words "Barclays" plastered everywhere.

Took me another second or two, and then the panic set in and I realised...............

I was in BARCLAYS BANK!!!

It's next door to the post office so as I was engrossed in my phone I must've wandered in there by mistake.

I was 10 seconds away from it being my turn at the counter, and being seriously embarrassed with the sentence:

"Errmm, I'm sorry sir, this is a bank."

Status
    Ok, a little bit of an update for those who are interested... (Welly, I think that's you mate)...

Decided to take my parcel to another, smaller, post office that a colleague told me was in the other direction.
    Walked down there and just as my workmate said, there it was. As I approached it I started having a look at my phone, walked the final few meters and opened the post office door and walked in.
    The queue had about 10 people in it, so better than the 57 in the other post office.

After queuing for about 10 minutes I was next in line. At that moment I had a Usual Suspects type moment...

I started looking around the room and noticing various bits of information that didn't make sense. First I saw an advert for the Barclays Premier League. Then I noticed that the colour scheme was blue rather than the red of the royal mail you'd expect. Then I saw what looked like cash deposit slips. Then I saw the words "Barclays" plastered everywhere.

Took me another second or two, and then the panic set in and I realised...............

I was in BARCLAYS BANK!!!

It's next door to the post office so as I was engrossed in my phone I must've wandered in there by mistake.

I was 10 seconds away from it being my turn at the counter, and being seriously embarrassed with the sentence:

"Errmm, I'm sorry sir, this is a bank."

Ha ha ha, thats excellent.

I can't judge too harshly to be fair, I accidentally walked into the GUM clinic at Gloucester Royal Hospital once having mistaken it for the Outpatients Dept - whilst doing the exact same as you - looking at my sodding phone.

Whoops...

Fortunately, I got the feck out of there sharpish, I ca only imagine what would have happened had I been seen in there... My missus would not have been impressed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Ha ha ha, thats excellent.

I can't judge too harshly to be fair, I accidentally walked into the GUM clinic at Gloucester Royal Hospital once having mistaken it for the Outpatients Dept - whilst doing the exact same as you - looking at my sodding phone.

Whoops...

Fortunately, I got the feck out of there sharpish, I ca only imagine what would have happened had I been seen in there... My missus would not have been impressed.
    GUM clinic??? What's one of those?? Never heard of it.

Phones should be banned!

Status
    Phones should be banned!
    Yeah, I agree. All they do is allow people to bug the life out of you at any time, anywhere.

Its getting worse and worse as well, as smart phones are coming in.

Back in the good old days, people could just call and text.

My last phone had both my work's email and my own 3 mail accounts as well as call and text.

My new Android has call, text, personal email, work email, MSN, WhatsApp, Video calling etc etc etc.

Arrrrrrgh.
    Homer Simpson

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    My new Android has call, text, personal email, work email, MSN, WhatsApp, Video calling etc etc etc.

Arrrrrrgh.
    Don't forget skype.
    Oh, and ping.

Status
    Don't forget skype.
    Oh, and ping.
    This is just the point. It's bloody ridiculous.

Wave goodbye to free time in the Big Brother culture in which we live.

Homer Simpson

Brum brum

Status
    Hmm, they piloted this great new idea for the post office in Reading - it came in about 18 months ago.

By asking what service you want when you walk in Post office can prioritise customers who are after services for which they either make handsome commission, or have high street competition - e.g. Passport Applications or Foreign Exchange.

If you are just someone who wants to use a post office as a post office - where of course you have no choice (unless you can be bothered to try another branch) - then you are put to the back of the queue with the 56 other individuals with better things to do with their lives.

Story about Barclays was funny, though
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

S3 Drift King!

Status
    You can stuff your multimedia phones, my Nokia N95 is where's it's at, text message and call, and most importantly, 5 days standby.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You can stuff your multimedia phones, my Nokia N95 is where's it's at, text message and call, and most importantly, 5 days standby.
    ...quantity, not quality.

2nd Gear

Status
    5 days standby i only get 1 day! on both mine!!!!!!!!
    one works phone other my own by the way

Beer God

Status
    ...quantity, not quality.
    Some of us work for a living, dont have time to sit around in a nice warm office playing with our ickle toys...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unkle View Post
    Some of us work for a living, dont have time to sit around in a nice warm office playing with our ickle toys...

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    even with ur n95 u can have multiple email accounts and msn etc lol

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unkle View Post
    and........... Best 20 I'm ever going to spend.

New year's resolution..... start working at work.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    even with ur n95 u can have multiple email accounts and msn etc lol
    I never use them, with no keyboard or touchscreen, they are pretty useless on this phone. I do have a Nokia N97 mini as an upgrade, but the otherhalf nicked it off me. lol

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!