Why its so important you check....

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
A) Cash machine slots for ANYTHING suspicious before using them!
B) Your bank balance ATLEAST weekly!

becasue i had near £900 stolen from me on thursday/friday of last week! I took £10 from Tesco Express ATM in Witney, Oxfordshire, and the next 2 days, 3 transactions totalling £880 was taken from my account from cash machines in London.

This also happened from another Tesco in Abingdon to a friend of a friend last week with the same amount of money missing from london machines.

Thieves are stepping it up a gear as we will soon see new machines implemented to hopefully virtually eradicate card fraud in ATM's. Im going to investigate the machine in question later on and if the device is still there, will call the police and alert them so they can take it into hand. The machine i used, the slot was a bit tight, and there was a large block shaped this over the slot. I though this a bit suspicious, so i DID check to see if it could be moved, and it couldnt, and there were also NO joins to the main part of the machine... its been done very professionally and very hard to detect... I ALWAYS run my finger along the slot to make sure its clean before i put my card in, but they got me. B*stards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif Luckily Barclays have been very good and i will get my money back shortly, but you can imagine the feeling when i saw that amount of money gone!

Just thought i'd tell you all to be VERY careful... They get everywhere and will do anyone!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:Glad everything is getting sorted by those merchant w a n k e r s

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit harsh given Barclays generosity at providing a speedy refund.

Worrying post though. With so many types / designs of machine you never know. Did you get cash from these machines Rich, or do they take your number and give an error?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really No, as Rich says they are lawfuly obligated to refund the money, but I was speaking of Barclays in general.

There rip of intrest rates - even the top dog of Barclays was quoted to say I dont borrow, our rates are far too high!.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Rich,

The exact same thing happened to my mate about a month or so ago. We both went to draw cash and I couldn't get any (which I thought was a bit odd) but he could. Anyway I used another machine and got sorted. The next week my mate called me to ask if I'd had any problems with my balance, I checked and all was fine, but he'd had £500 taken out of his a/c. It also turned out that his mum's friend hald £4500 drawn from her a/c that same week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

They're very clever people, and only draw certain amounts so not to max the card - like just under the maximum draw per day. That way the bank does not automatically suspect anything is wrong...Of course when they hit the overdraft they're screwed as the bank is alerted and contacts the a/c holder. So as Rich says, check the cash machine front, cover ya hand(s) as you type in ya pin, and check the a/c regularly!!

Banks will know of these cases happening, and therefore you should be in a decent chance of getting refunded.

Interesting fact ATM fraud is up 80% this year over last year.

Rob

Thats mad, You always think it will never happen to you!! So thanks for the warning Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif I will now be on my guard.

Sorry to have learned from youre missfortune though.

Glad you got the money refunded.

Have a good Xmas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

HI Rich ,sorry to hear for misfortune but glad its sorted out and ure not out of pocket esp this close to xmas!
These people ,actualy calling them people is to nice these SCUM! are just out to rob hard working people i hope they catch them and jail them for a very long time, prob wont but its a nice thought

I hate these type of SCUM!, they cause unecessary stress and inconvenience to the innocent public, especially at the worst of times. They should be shot in the kneecaps no questions asked!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Glad you're getting the moneys back though Rich, some maybe not so lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I was watching a program on the beeb last night about how these gangs are infiltrating bank call centres with dodgy staff, stealing personal info, and then phoning the call centres to transfer unsuspecting people's money into there accounts

Kind of like identity theft. Thats well worrying because you have NO CONTROL what so ever over who reads your personal details (including your pass numbers/words) from within a bank. It could be any member of staff doing it.

Still at least banks will re-fund the money.

Woah Rich... That's harsh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif I'm glad you managed to sort it out with the Bank though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

It really does make you think... Although having said that, they can try and suck what they like from my Cards... If they have the same amount of luck as me, they'll make off with perhaps a tenner at best! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Regards,

Rob.

sorry to hear this Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but its good that the bank is reimbursing you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheers for that link you posted too JonC, never seen one of those card readers on an ATM machine before - looks very OEM, which is worrying!