Fixed penalty and 3 points for snow on roof

Was that because you didnt use the search facility?

I think you deserve 3 points and a fine for using the site "without due care and attention" - hand me your licence, and your monieeeee!!! ;)

Look people this is SNOW joke, its a serious matter, can we all keep on the matter in hand :)

Its ok, im getting my coat and leaving already ;)

Yeah getting your coat to go play in the snow, Nilz we know you

LOL......too many clues....

Ahh well, rumbled fair and square!!

Nige dont worry mate, you will have to do all of this soon when the little one is a bit bigger, yuo obviously have to be really childish and set the right example :)

Really childish, well that qualifies me already then, result.

She's holding the bottle herself already, talking all the time, loves watching MOnsters Inc & can almost stand with minor support, lmfao its immense at 3.5 months & very worrying as she'll be zipping around everywhere, but wouldnt change it for the world, amazing experiences.

I can't take the credit for the pic - though a mate of mine posted this on his facebook after announcing the 3 points and fine.

154827_170964276259559_100000379630049_410308_3332544_n.jpg

Feds will try n do him for using his mobile ;)

Always clean your jam sandwich Mr Policrman!

ICEBERG AHEEEEAD!

Had the misfortune to come accross a lump of the white stuff in the middle of the road today lol,I was doing 40ish in medium traffic, so nowhere to go basically, and aimed the car for it to pass between my wheels and pray was all I could do, 2 thuds and my car came away unscathed I hope lol.

I've done a search and cannot find it reported on any major news source, but there are a number of forums discussing it.

The thinking is that it is dangerous if the snow falls off and obscures the visibility for the car behind.

In my opinion this thinking is completely flawed because:

a) it's unrealistic in this snowstorm to completely clear your car of snow before driving off -- there's 2ft of snow in most places right now!

b) people are driving around at 10mph on roads that are covered in snow -- excess snow on cars is hardly about to fly off uncontrollably at that speed;

c) the vision of other cars is ALREADY obscured and - in the most case - peoples driving is accounting for the poor visibility.

If you take the "I'm terribly sorry officer" angle and agree to clear the snow off your roof when you are stopped then you are unlikely to get an FPN.

If the Police do decide to give you an FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) then you can refuse it if you want to, and request a court hearing. You have 28 days to decide whether to accept a FPN or not, so my personal suggestion would be to take this optioN

Last edited:
I've done a search and cannot find it reported on any major news source, but there are a number of forums discussing it.

The thinking is that it is dangerous if the snow falls off and obscures the visibility for the car behind.

In my opinion this thinking is completely flawed because:

a) it's unrealistic in this snowstorm to completely clear your car of snow before driving off -- there's 2ft of snow in most places right now!

b) people are driving around at 10mph on roads that are covered in snow -- excess snow on cars is hardly about to fly off uncontrollably at that speed;

c) the vision of other cars is ALREADY obscured and - in the most case - peoples driving is accounting for the poor visibility.

If you take the "I'm terribly sorry officer" angle and agree to clear the snow off your roof when you are stopped then you are unlikely to get an FPN.

If the Police do decide to give you an FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) then you can refuse it if you want to, and request a court hearing. You have 28 days to decide whether to accept a FPN or not, so my personal suggestion would be to take this optioN

Your copy and paste skills are wonderful... http://groups.google.com/group/uk.legal/browse_thread/thread/a70eb29c648fabc1?pli=1

Bedfordshire Police have issued a statement. It's a hoax! Although an excessive amount of snow could be deemed as "driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition" which could attract a FPN.

As are your detective skills Aythreee! Brilliant! Pat on the back for this man.

Last edited: