Daft Question

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Apologies if this is a really daft question.

Why do S3 wing mirrors appear to so high on the theft list?

I'm still kind of new to Audi cars and dont know much about the S3s.
After reading the posts about the S3 wing mirrors being stolen i've been trying to work out why.
is there any special about them or are they just a normal mirror with a funky design?

Cause they're Aluminium.

Previous ones on the 8L, B5 were solid alum, now they're all alum plated plastic.

They want them cause they are ally?
Thats a bit daft.
I assume they only to get them off is to break them off, which makes it even more stupid.
Unless they are doing it for the metal.

They want them cause they are ally?
Thats a bit daft.
I assume they only to get them off is to break them off, which makes it even more stupid.
Unless they are doing it for the metal.

On early S3's they are almost £1k from Audi(including the bases) to replace if some scrot stole them, and you will often see them on fleabay going for £250 odd for a pair.

On early S3's they are almost £1k from Audi(including the bases) to replace if some scrot stole them, and you will often see them on fleabay going for £250 odd for a pair.

WOW!
thats alot of cash for a set of mirrors.
Kind of see why now and why people been talking about going back to normal mirrors.

My brother had a B5 S4 a few cars ago and the first theft on the car was his badges taken off with brute force with a screwdriver so you can imagine he was 'oliver twist'.

After that , one night he had his wing mirrors stolen and left a load of damage to his doors where they must've used a crow bar or something to get them off! He got it all done under insurance (door skins changed, complete side resprays) but he'd had enough by then and traded it in for a Jag XJR.