eBay

James.Asbri

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi all

I thinking of upgrading my alloys and purchasing myself some BBS CH Black Editions but I obviously need to sell my current ones on eBay or somewhere to help fund them.

If I was to sell my alloys for £1400 for instance, how much of that would eBay quite happily take from me?

Thanks in advance!

James

Is this a clever way of advertising something for sale but not having to stick it in the Classified section...?

Any, i'll go along with it.

If you stick them on as an auction the the final value fee will be 10% of the sell price, up to a maximum of £40.

If you stick them on as a Buy it Now, the fee structure goes:

9.9% of the initial £49.99 (£4.95) + 5.9% of the initial £50.00 - £599.99 (£32.45) + 1.9% of the remaining balance of the final selling price.

So that'll be you fleeced for £52.62

You'll also need to add your insertion fees, which a a few quid, no more than £5 depending in how jazzy you go with the advert.

was gonna say youre looking about 55 quid, 1400 is a bit ambitious for the sale though no?

And paypal fees if you accept payment by that - and be aware of time wasters! I'd put them up for offers on the forums, your signature and associated VAG/Audi facebook pages.

was gonna say youre looking about 55 quid, 1400 is a bit ambitious for the sale though no?

I was using that as an example, would be nice to get that though as it would cover the cost! I'm glad the max. they can take is £40 though, I thought they might rinse me for 10%

List them on ebay then put your mobile number in the auction, they'll deal cash, simples.

Thought you might have all the tricks up your sleeve when it comes to wheels

Not sure whether to deal with cash though, what if it's fake? I know it's unlikely but these things happen. .

Which ever you decide to sell them (Ebay or Forum), I would get the buyer to pay via paypal and send it as a gift to you. That way neither the seller or buyer pays any paypal fees. Thats what i've done recently without paying any fees to paypal.

Which ever you decide to sell them (Ebay or Forum), I would get the buyer to pay via paypal and send it as a gift to you. That way neither the seller or buyer pays any paypal fees. Thats what i've done recently without paying any fees to paypal.

Thanks for the advice!