Touching Cloth...

rickquattro

Reaction score
Have you ever had a drive that was just sooooooo right? Happened to me last night on the way back home from the Lakes to Edinburgh. I took the A7 from Carlisle north, not the usual A701. The roads were quiet, empty, dry.....it was easy to spot the lights of oncoming cars......cool enough to help up the responsiveness a bit........bose stereo was pumping a mix of Zappa guitar solo's and ZZ Top way way way too loud......on a road that I know all the lines on from summer motorbiking........concentrating on keeping the flow smooth and fast as the Tdi hauls well but probably doesnt sprint between corners like an S3....triple digit speed and 4wd corner traction......hammering up to cars in front and ripping past on a wave of 5th gear torque.....80 miles of hedonistic camera free high speed concentrated action......and the finale being a full bore rip on the bypass between Sherrifhall and the A1 with a lovely 3rd gear drift around the roundabout on the way to Walleyford (yes really)....deep and prolonged joy!

All ended with my lass handing me a Hoegaarden litre glass (oh yes indeedy), of G&T and a sh*g in front of the fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif.....It doesn't get much better than that.....

Took about an hour to calm down....no dear, didn't drive too fast at all......yeh, right!

Oh well, off to Tesco's tomorrow....tum te tum....

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Rickquattro said:
Have you ever had a drive that was just sooooooo right? Happened to me last night on the way back home from the Lakes to Edinburgh. I took the A7 from Carlisle north, not the usual A701. The roads were quiet, empty, dry.....it was easy to spot the lights of oncoming cars......cool enough to help up the responsiveness a bit........bose stereo was pumping a mix of Zappa guitar solo's and ZZ Top way way way too loud......on a road that I know all the lines on from summer motorbiking........concentrating on keeping the flow smooth and fast as the Tdi hauls well but probably doesnt sprint between corners like an S3....triple digit speed and 4wd corner traction......hammering up to cars in front and ripping past on a wave of 5th gear torque.....80 miles of hedonistic camera free high speed concentrated action......and the finale being a full bore rip on the bypass between Sherrifhall and the A1 with a lovely 3rd gear drift around the roundabout on the way to Walleyford (yes really)....deep and prolonged joy!

All ended with my lass handing me a Hoegaarden litre glass (oh yes indeedy), of G&T and a sh*g in front of the fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif.....It doesn't get much better than that.....

Took about an hour to calm down....no dear, didn't drive too fast at all......yeh, right!

Oh well, off to Tesco's tomorrow....tum te tum....

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

The bit about the shag in front of the fire made me chuckle!

lol, I know what you mean. I felt like I was on speed after my 1st Scottish meet. Only had the car 2 months and had never tried to keep up with S3's on roads I had never been on before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah...and he never told us who was the reddest, her *** from the carpet burns or his nuts from being toasted at the fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif.....hmmmmmmm all very yuletide - ish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif....Oh no! another question what was bigger the Yule Log or.....Nah We won't go there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Aha! Back after a short delay......no carpet burns (Ikea sheepskins, Mmmmm nice!), or roasted nuts (twin intercoolers...)......

And you lot thought that Santa only comes once a year.....Ahem...and that was down a chimney.....