EM TuningChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Touching Cloth...

Have you ever had a drive that was just sooooooo right? Happened to me last night on the way back home from the Lakes to Edinburgh. I took the A7 from Carlisle north, not the usual A701. The roads were quiet, empty, dry.....it was easy to spot the lights of oncoming cars......cool enough to help up the responsiveness a bit........bose stereo was pumping a mix of Zappa guitar solo's and ZZ Top way way way too loud......on a road that I know all the lines on from summer motorbiking........concentrating on keeping the flow smooth and fast as the Tdi hauls well but probably doesnt sprint between corners like an S3....triple digit speed and 4wd corner traction......hammering up to cars in front and ripping past on a wave of 5th gear torque.....80 miles of hedonistic camera free high speed concentrated action......and the finale being a full bore rip on the bypass between Sherrifhall and the A1 with a lovely 3rd gear drift around the roundabout on the way to Walleyford (yes really)....deep and prolonged joy!

All ended with my lass handing me a Hoegaarden litre glass (oh yes indeedy), of G&T and a sh*g in front of the fire [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif[/img].....It doesn't get much better than that.....

Took about an hour to calm down....no dear, didn't drive too fast at all......yeh, right!

Oh well, off to Tesco's tomorrow....tum te tum....

Rick [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

Re: Touching Cloth...

Sometimes, life is too good to be true

Beeeee happeeeeee [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Rickquattro said:
    Have you ever had a drive that was just sooooooo right? Happened to me last night on the way back home from the Lakes to Edinburgh. I took the A7 from Carlisle north, not the usual A701. The roads were quiet, empty, dry.....it was easy to spot the lights of oncoming cars......cool enough to help up the responsiveness a bit........bose stereo was pumping a mix of Zappa guitar solo's and ZZ Top way way way too loud......on a road that I know all the lines on from summer motorbiking........concentrating on keeping the flow smooth and fast as the Tdi hauls well but probably doesnt sprint between corners like an S3....triple digit speed and 4wd corner traction......hammering up to cars in front and ripping past on a wave of 5th gear torque.....80 miles of hedonistic camera free high speed concentrated action......and the finale being a full bore rip on the bypass between Sherrifhall and the A1 with a lovely 3rd gear drift around the roundabout on the way to Walleyford (yes really)....deep and prolonged joy!

All ended with my lass handing me a Hoegaarden litre glass (oh yes indeedy), of G&T and a sh*g in front of the fire [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif[/img].....It doesn't get much better than that.....

Took about an hour to calm down....no dear, didn't drive too fast at all......yeh, right!

Oh well, off to Tesco's tomorrow....tum te tum....

Rick [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

The bit about the shag in front of the fire made me chuckle!

6th Gear

Status

Nice man.......nice!

Neutral

Status

I'd have been asleep after the sh*g!

Turbo Sport

Status

Sounds the perfect day out !
    BUT the question wot was the better "ride" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
    actually u better not answer that as it might get u into trouble lol

6th Gear

Status

Trust you Fallmonk HAHAHA [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

lol, I know what you mean. I felt like I was on speed after my 1st Scottish meet. Only had the car 2 months and had never tried to keep up with S3's on roads I had never been on before [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

28v6

Yeah...and he never told us who was the reddest, her ass from the carpet burns or his nuts from being toasted at the fire [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img].....hmmmmmmm all very yuletide - ish [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]....Oh no! another question what was bigger the Yule Log or.....Nah We won't go there... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

Aha! Back after a short delay......no carpet burns (Ikea sheepskins, Mmmmm nice!), or roasted nuts (twin intercoolers...)......

And you lot thought that Santa only comes once a year.....Ahem...and that was down a chimney.....

3rd Gear

Status

and afterwards, a happy pussy........... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

imported_YOGi

Is the poor cat tied down to them cushions???

6th Gear

Status

COOL buy 8 cusions and get a free pussy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]