Wayne Rooney

Good 2 B A Gooner

Reaction score
So Rooney wants out eh! Back to the mid-table days of the 70's and 80's for manyoo...

Where's he going to end up though? My money would be on Citeh.
:think:

£250 - £500k from what they're saying... He's good, but, my god, he ain't a patch on Villa, Messi or Henry when he was in his prime. Great player but come on! Another Cashley eh.

I'd agree, he aint anywhere near those boys class, he certainly isnt worth that kinda dough either.

Personally I reckon everton might take him :p

Glad to see the back of him and thats from a big united fan. If he goes to sh*ty he wont be guaranteed a game every week, so just watch him throw his toys out then!
As for dropping to mid table, we wont miss him, we didnt miss the winker Ronaldo, or the Argie Tevez, we will just play Giggs and Scholes a bit longer and nurture the talent that is coming up through the youth team.
Just got to get rid of the yanks now!!!!!!

Its a typical example of greed coming before pride to play for a top class team ( that goes for the other top clubs in prem league)

This is where fame and fortune gets you, can't see him going to Man City, surely he's not THAT stupid?

Cant see anyone else having him, Liverpool wont touch him due to the rivalry, Everton wont want him back now, and cant see any of the London clubs needing him as they are all doing quite well.
The only other options are, go abroad or look at the lower leagues, but they wont pay the amount he is looking for. Which leaves city they have the money and are stupid enough to pay the price.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Real or Barcalona. He told Coleen he would do anything to help their marriage, and it wouldn't surprise me if she said "OK, let's go to Spain".

Also, he is thick enough to go to City - the combined IQ of all premier league players must equal about 3 !! Most of them aren't blessed in the intelligence stakes (but have the last laugh given the money they earn!).

If he ends up in Spain its a similar pattern to Beckhams life. Maybe Rooney will end up in the US lol, plenty of cash there and stupidity to have him playing for them. Fraid he is just an overpaid, rough, classless to**er. I feel for Coleen with all his antics, but the sketch that the Impression show did with Debra Stevenson and John Colshaw was brilliant and so funny lol! Good riddance to him and other spoilt players like him.

Come On Lads-Girls i hate Rooney (Big Liverpool Fan) ,but last season he was either the best player in Europe or up there in the top 2 he scored 34 goals last year the majority of them in the hardest league in the world. He shagged about so what, that has ruined him e.g World Cup where he was **** and this season so far where it has been playing on his mind. I know friends and family of his and he is not after the money so he will not go to city if your gonna have a bet put it his way make sure its on him to go to barca that's what he is trying to push through if not hell still be at man united until the end of the season

Come On Lads-Girls i hate Rooney (Big Liverpool Fan) ,but last season he was either the best player in Europe or up there in the top 2 he scored 34 goals last year the majority of them in the hardest league in the world. He shagged about so what, that has ruined him e.g World Cup where he was **** and this season so far where it has been playing on his mind. I know friends and family of his and he is not after the money so he will not go to city if your gonna have a bet put it his way make sure its on him to go to barca that's what he is trying to push through if not hell still be at man united until the end of the season

Sense at last. :applaus:

Or just support Leeds United and the antics of Wayne Rooney really don't matter anymore!

To be fair, he's no worse than the rest of the footballers, and I dare say many of us would be the same in the same situation, earning silly money at such a young age.

Greed??

I reckon that players should take what they can get. And if that means moving on to another club where they will be richer/happier/etc then so be it.

Clubs will drop a player in the blink of an eye if it suits them. Clubs will pimp players to the max to earn a buck. Clubs are only in it for the dough.
Players know this, the fans know this, but still players are expected to show total loyality.

Plus, why shouldn't a player do whatever it takes to protect his/his family's future financially. By the time he's early to mid 30's that's it, game over. Then they've got another 40-50 years of trying to fill their lives with things to do.

If someone came up to you and said "Right.... you will be recognised and taunted by many people every day, you will be stared at or approached where ever you go, and everything in your personal life will be analysed to the max, and finally... after your 35th birthday you are not allowed to work again............. how much money do you want to be subjected to all this??"

I'd want £10 million please. At least.
And if someone offered me £40 million, I wouldn't turn it down, even though i'm PROBABLY not worth it.

And my 'thanks' is a real one this time, not like my last stint of thanking every one of your posts. I'd get everything I could if I was in that sutuiation, I do in my own life...get everything I can to secure a better future.

And as for the girl side of things, i'd like to think I wouldn't do what Rooney did, but be fair, remember that EVERY girl in the club wants to get with him (no doubt for money) but the no strings fun with a slamming hottie will be hard to turn down for any man after years of girls throwing themselves at you.

I'm intrigued to see where he goes though, hope he stays in the Premiership as when he's on form he's great to watch.

And my 'thanks' is a real one this time, not like my last stint of thanking every one of your posts. I'd get everything I could if I was in that sutuiation, I do in my own life...get everything I can to secure a better future.

And as for the girl side of things, i'd like to think I wouldn't do what Rooney did, but be fair, remember that EVERY girl in the club wants to get with him (no doubt for money) but the no strings fun with a slamming hottie will be hard to turn down for any man after years of girls throwing themselves at you.

I'm intrigued to see where he goes though, hope he stays in the Premiership as when he's on form he's great to watch.

thanksm.png

Wow, a 6-thanker...aren't I lucky! I must admit, i prefer posting in the random Aythree threads, but they seem short on the groung these days...have you run out of stuff?

Greed??

I reckon that players should take what they can get. And if that means moving on to another club where they will be richer/happier/etc then so be it.

Clubs will drop a player in the blink of an eye if it suits them. Clubs will pimp players to the max to earn a buck. Clubs are only in it for the dough.
Players know this, the fans know this, but still players are expected to show total loyality.

Plus, why shouldn't a player do whatever it takes to protect his/his family's future financially. By the time he's early to mid 30's that's it, game over. Then they've got another 40-50 years of trying to fill their lives with things to do.

If someone came up to you and said "Right.... you will be recognised and taunted by many people every day, you will be stared at or approached where ever you go, and everything in your personal life will be analysed to the max, and finally... after your 35th birthday you are not allowed to work again............. how much money do you want to be subjected to all this??"

I'd want £10 million please. At least.
And if someone offered me £40 million, I wouldn't turn it down, even though i'm PROBABLY not worth it.

My heart bleeds for the poor buggers,shall we start a charity for them ? :haha:

Nope, i'm beat, I can't name a single other good idea you've had.

Keith Gillespie.

Anyway, my point again............ footballers are always told they should be loyal and not chase the biggest buck, but they are not exactly set the best of examples by their emloyers who would drop them in a heart beat if it suits.
And also the fans aren't exactly loyal to players either. Look at the amount "fans" who turn to 'boo boys' in the blink of an eye.

I don't begrudge footballers earning what they earn. Why should I?
Too many people with envious eyes if you ask me.

(Keep on attacking me and you'll be taking another breather)

No player should be loyal as when they are surplus to requirements they are gone but the ones in the papers are anything but hard done by.
Keith Gillespie gambled his money away so not a good example.

I agree Aythreeee, im not jealous of his money or lifestyle but I do wish he still had talent or at least was on the top of his game. There are some fantastic players out there but sadly, as we know, the skills and talent were lacking in the World Cup, some are still struggling now but the pay checks are still rolling in. I dont blame them filling their pockets with big wages and sponsership deals, why not!

To be fair though, we've all cocked up at work before but we don't get boo'd all the way home and the papers writing about it. I think the pay they earn is compensation for how the press and public treat them

I really don't care what Rooney earns or does in his private life, all I care about is how well he plays for England (and Leeds united when he signs for us next week).

And you have been warned Aytheee, no more teasing voorhees. :)

I've heard Rooney's off to Juventus - He said he quite fancies the old lady....

On a serious note - The best people in their trades earn the best money, there just happens to be big money in the epl, and where else should it go? The problems stem from the ticket prices etc. Just look at the Bundesliga - average ticket price €10! yet they can still attract top players like Roben.
On another completely unrelated note; The clubs should have to pay a tax for grass roots football.