Parking damage - cost of respray?

RacingTeatray

Freezing in Moscow
Reaction score
What is it with people? Some absolute prize-winning pillock has done a hatchet-job on my rear bumper while parking. Judging from the various scratches and scrapes, they first drove into the car and then scraped the corner again on their way out. No note, no apology. Plus they evidently had a white car so it's particularly noticeable on my dark blue car. Aaaaaaargh. The only saving grace is I guess that the bumper is not actually dented or broken.

Of course the A3 does have the world's most pointless bumpers but that's not the issue!

So does anyone have an idea how much I should be paying for a (top quality) respray of the rear bumper and can anyone recommend anywhere in central London?

You could try chipsaway. They are a franchise and did a very good job on my old VR6 bumper.

Give em a try!

Rich.

Cool. Thanks. I now have the local Chipsaway agent popping by my street to check out my rear bumper for a free assessment this afternoon.

Let's see what he says!

Well the Chipsaway chap came yesterday morning and repaired the rear bumper (had to do more or less all of it) and also (seeing as he was there) attended to a graze on one rear wheel arch. All in cost was £150+VAT. With this dingy weather it's hard to tell how good the paintmatch is (needs a bright sunny day to tell for sure) but the finish looks pretty good to me!

So I guess that's a thumbs up for Chipsaway then.

Cheers for the suggestion. Far cheaper than a respray!

[ QUOTE ]
neil.c said:
you Can't beat a large drive and a nice cosy double garage for keeping your cars safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ADD a rotweiler and even cheaper ins! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RacingTeatray said:
Well the Chipsaway chap came yesterday morning and repaired the rear bumper (had to do more or less all of it) and also (seeing as he was there) attended to a graze on one rear wheel arch. All in cost was £150+VAT. With this dingy weather it's hard to tell how good the paintmatch is (needs a bright sunny day to tell for sure) but the finish looks pretty good to me!

So I guess that's a thumbs up for Chipsaway then.

Cheers for the suggestion. Far cheaper than a respray!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have to pay the VAT when I offered cash for a small repair on my Golf rear bumper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif