Vorsa- civillian highway enforcers!

• Thread starter imported_Yaseen
  • Start date
The nightmare that is Tony Bliars totalitarian vision of the future relentlessly marches on. You BUY your car, you TAX and INSURE your car, you pay to PARK, PERMITS etc...CONGESTION CHARGING (If I sound angry its cos I am !...
...I have just been forced to settle a ( wait for it.......) £1298 bill originating from a £40 fine after bailiffs arrived unannounced and put a clamp on my pride and joy, and threatened to call a recovery vehicle unless I paid the 'amount owing' ! Threats, intimidation, a rapidly diminishing bank balance.
AHHH.....THE JOYS OF MOTORING !!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Bailiffs really are scum...i know they are only doing a job but ****** hell get another job its rediculous the increase in charges once it goes to the them!! Unlucky m8 thats a hell of a mark up from 40 quid!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

That is absolutely ridiculous!!! When I get my xenons, I'm defo going to be keeping 2 normal bulbs in the car in case I get pulled! Surely if you change them over there and then, you'd be fine. Having said that, it looks like they're targeting boy racers more!!

Are they allowed to just clamp your car like that. Don't they need a warrant. What a low life job that is. Sorry to hear that.

Reading this makes me even happier that i live in scotland,All it looks like is another way for the goverment to make money,and the only people that would apply for a job like that would be traffic wardens from hell
You can imagine advert in Paper for Job
Looking for Hard Face Bast#rd with no Friends
Key Skills

Strong Right hand because your [censored]
No facial Expression (Key to Role)
Pre-Madonna
Ugly Lesbian

Yep the type of people that do these jobs are people who failed getting into the police and THEN failed getting into being a traffic warden.....pure scum!!!

ajmackie I thought it was illegal too thats why i called the police - you can guess the rest ....no 'crime' has been committed blah blah... nothing to do with us blah blah....Yet when my wife had the bright idea of locking herself in the car to prevent them from taking it......along came superplod to the rescue!! Thats when I paid up.
Phoned my solicitor...my M.P....Trading standards....( all completely shocked and appalled ) Currently preparing a letter to Mr Livingstone highlighting the intimidating behaviour of his legitimised , charmless debt collectors and THEIR inflated fees. I WANT MY FOOKING MONEY BACK YOU NARROW-MINDED PUPPET SCUMBAGS ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

That is so bad. Just discgusting that people can be allowed to do that. Suurely such a rise is completely unreasonable. How could they justify an extra £1200 to collect this debt to the courts. I mean even if they charged £50 admin and £100 for 2 people to come round, they can't get away with that.

I had singlepoint (phones 4u billing company) threatening 3 times to send dept collectors round. I cancelled my phone received my final bill, cancelled the direct debit and then got another final bill. Was confused as hell, but paid final bill over phone. Still got letters through threatening. Absolute to$$ers!!!

AND how on earth if ur travelling at 40-70mph are you supposed to be able to look at someone in a yellow coat, read there logo, register it and see that they've put their hand up and aren't waving at their mates. By the time I've done that I'll be down the road thinking sh!t and a fine in the post for not stopping. Imagine stopping at night as well on your own. They could be absolutely anyone, how the hell are we supposed to know what their ID looks like and if they can fake passports I'm sure the can fake them. Scary stuff!!!

Good point mate, you can be prosecuted for impersonating a police officer so there is a deterrent element with that. But as for the other, the lowlife carjackers in this country must be chuckling in anticipation at this one.
I wont stop for anyone but a cop and I'd certainly advise my wife and son to do the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
veryblack'n'lowA3 said:

I wont stop for anyone but a cop and I'd certainly advise my wife and son to do the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There would be a very good argument IF it ever went to court u could say u thought there where car jackers! i would be in the same boat no way would i stop unless there was a police officer there !

Too right mate, this idea is right down there with the... 'on the spot fines for shop-lifters' madness. They've completely lost the plot this time.
Also whilst on the subject of the adverse effects of recent motoring legislation , anyone noticed the growing number of drivers who pull over to take / make a mobile call regardless, on slip roads , junctions or dual carriageways not to mention the 'twisty bits' causing any amount of frustration and hazard ?

Hmmm after a couple of people I know have been hijacked from their cars I doubt Il be stopping for anyone in a louminous coat...Im sure the coats are quite professional and not somthing a theiving c*nt can get hold of....

I wonder how many of these sad workers cars are actually road legal??