Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Techniques for calm driving?

Hey all, just wondering how many of us Audi drivers are complete hot heads when it comes to road rage. In particular what techniques you use to calm yourself down.

I'm asking the question as a few nights ago I had a "scooby doo STI STD GUM CLINIC" wedged in my exhaust pipes and so I floored it and then there was no longer a scooby doo in my exhaust pipes.

Later on the journey home though I wondered to myself, why on earth did I just do that?

Whats your thoughts...
    Audi RS4 B7 Saloon in Mugello Blue

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I'd like to know the same to be honest...I dont have any techniques lol. Need some though, but not as bad as i use to be with road rage may i add
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    I'd like to know the same to be honest...I dont have any techniques lol. Need some though, but not as bad as i use to be with road rage may i add
    I'm with you on that one, defo not as bad as I used to be but still am bad when it comes to tailgaters and people so desperate to overtake.

On the other hand I am never ever one to tailgate, never seen the point in it. Just dont like being followed too close.

Neutral

Status
    Calm music?
    I tend to listen to some quite fast dnb and tend to drive faster in the car...

Take the mrs with you - that always stops my road rage!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolAholic View Post
    I'm with you on that one, defo not as bad as I used to be but still am bad when it comes to tailgaters and people so desperate to overtake.

On the other hand I am never ever one to tailgate, never seen the point in it. Just dont like being followed too close.
    Yeah im still bad but not as bad as i use to be lol Tailgating i just dont see the point and think its very dangerous and irresponsible. All that person got to do is slam on there brakes. And your going straight into the back of them. They got an vehicle claim aswell as injury claim. I tend to slowly slow down when being tailgated to annoy them. Yes im childish i know but not alot i can do
    And im not sure scooby doo driver was thinking all you had to do is slam on your brakes and his insurance renewal going through the roof for hitting an RS4 lol!
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Top Gear!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Yeah im still bad but not as bad as i use to be lol Tailgating i just dont see the point and think its very dangerous and irresponsible. All that person got to do is slam on there brakes. And your going straight into the back of them. They got an vehicle claim aswell as injury claim. I tend to slowly slow down when being tailgated to annoy them. Yes im childish i know but not alot i can do
    And im not sure scooby doo driver was thinking all you had to do is slam on your brakes and his insurance renewal going through the roof for hitting an RS4 lol!
    I know exactly what you mean, I have been followed and tailgated by the towns local boy 'racers' and when they get really close ill tap on the brakes to get the lights up then they back off a fair bit or like you said slow down!

I don't get road rage a lot but when i do it's always because of something stupid like other drivers being ass****s, If i know i cant get a good chance to overtake then i just sit back and wait for either the opportunity or stay behind lmao

also i find the type of music does affect my driving style, if im just taking it easy ill have some easy listening stuff at a reasonable volume, but sometimes ill listen to House very VERY loud only by myself tho, it doesn't seem to make me angrier but it takes my mind off the stupid things i see other people do all the time! and it does it pretty quickly, ill be over an idiot nearly driving into me within a minute and just toot along minding my own business.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolAholic View Post
    Hey all, just wondering how many of us Audi drivers are complete hot heads when it comes to road rage. In particular what techniques you use to calm yourself down.

I'm asking the question as a few nights ago I had a "scooby doo STI STD GUM CLINIC" wedged in my exhaust pipes and so I floored it and then there was no longer a scooby doo in my exhaust pipes.

Later on the journey home though I wondered to myself, why on earth did I just do that?

Whats your thoughts...
    Karma comes with experience to be fair, you accellerated away because you can, you certainly don't own a B7 RS4 to drive like a Nissan Micra!

I too hate it when someone drives up close, I end up driving slower and slower until they get the idea, and if there's room for them to pass, I would move over for them to pass also, I don't need to prove to them how quick(or slow) my car is!
    Last edited by jojo; 29th September 2010 at 18:01.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    I smoke crack.

Nah, I am a slow driver, I am never in a rush to get anywhere and I don't do road rage.
    If anyone comes up close behind me I will pull over and let them pass, if they cut me up, well, I am obviously a better person than they are.
    I love driving my Audi, its my own little relaxing 4 ringed padded cell from the outside world. I get some great tunes on, or talk radio, set the air con, turn the phone off and I am set for the journey.
    I love to drive places but I never want to arrive

But the other side of the coin, I get in my Cosworth and go hunting M3's to pick on. Must be the sound of the V6 that does it
    Last edited by sidibear; 29th September 2010 at 19:44.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    drive in one or two gears higher than you need to and force yourself to stay in it.
    tooltling around town in fourth and fifth is a lazy way to pass the day.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Mellow music makes a big difference for me & also having a kid makes a HUGE effect on me & the way i drive.

1st Gear

Status
    Some excellent suggestions guys, also been advised to restrict the amount of fuel to put in (i.e. one tank fill per week/2 weeks) then you are forced to drive smoothly to keep the MPG up.

And when the Mrs is with me i'm almost a completely calm driver, it's just when it's me on my own lol.

5th Gear

Status
    Classic Fm does it for me. Adds at least 2mpg onto my driving.

If anyone is behind me trying to hump my car, I just pull over and let them past, as I remember when it was me back there being a a**hole desperate to get to an early grave... Better they crash into the the chap round the corner than me!!

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    CD3 Track 2: Hall & Oats - Sara Smile,

I enjoy a reet good sing-a-long to this, thus making me drive slowly so I can focus on my vocals.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Up the owls!

Status
    Had this today on the M1. On cruise at about 75 in lane 3 overtaking some muppet sat in the middle lane, and a Van comes steaming up behind me flashing his lights, A VAN!!!!

Had to boot it just to remind him what he was driving, and what he was flashing at

Also, why is it that when on cruise,other drivers cant maintain their own speed and are constantly causing you to come off cruise to avoid them!!
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    Had this today on the M1. On cruise at about 75 in lane 3 overtaking some muppet sat in the middle lane, and a Van comes steaming up behind me flashing his lights, A VAN!!!!
    Can't stand people who flash their lights or indicate right in the fast lane because your not driving fast enough for them. Just wait an extra 10 seconds :/

6th Gear

Status
    You need a sock.After ive cracked one off i slow down
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Watch that video that did the rounds on Facebook a few weeks ago ........

(The one of the fatal collisions)
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    I found that after my wife gave birth to our daughter I've calmed down on the road, sold my sports bike and bought slippers... Oh, and stopped getting worked up about others doing silly s**t on the roads - just smile and move on

1st Gear

Status
    The calm music and the low volume does the trick for me.

Try concentrate on lot letting your MPG go too low aswell, that'll cause you to not accellerate too hard

Also for those who get tailgaters - make sure you double your distance to the car infront of YOU, if they brake and you brake as normal, then the guy behind you is gonna smash you (not your fault and you'll get its claimed back free on your insurance I know, but who wants the hassle?) so if you have more time to slow down slower then so will the guy behind you.

Follow?

Trust me, I learned that one a while ago and i had to put it into use about 5 month ago, it worked, and i was well chuffed. But I bet the taxi that I could hear the tyres squielling behind me as he slammed on his brakes got a scare or two! :L
    8P Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - what a change from my 1.0L CorsaC!!!

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea