Cr@p Think Ive been caught speedin big time!

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
All I have to say is [censored]!

I have 14 days to think about not ever speeding again.

What would the damage say if someone was doing well in excess of 115MPH + on the Motorway?

Friggin Jam Van on the Bridge on the motorway - didnt see it untill I was well within a mile of the camera, anchord it to about 81 -85 MPH but that will be a fine in its own right but I think they saw the full picture of my speed i was doing b4 I saw them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Unfortunately, you've just got to sweat it out Amigo, been there done this, got chased in the VR6 by a Girlie in a Black Golf, pulled in let her past then sat on her tail, came around the bend on the M6 at Lancaster only for the same thing to happen "Van on Bridge" did what you did and......

Survived to tell the tale, but I do sympathise with you, Stealth Tactics is not the answer... I'm sure you'll be fine as most are to "Check road tax discs" (Yeah! Right!) but fingers crossed.. It's so easily done...

Bye Bye License i think if they caught you over the ton mark!!
81-85mph 3 points and 60 quid

Good Luck

I think that i am right in saying that there is a certain distance that the camera can work at so if you were a mile away and managed to slow down you might be ok.

Fingers crossed they didn't get ya... And if they did, at less than a ton... But if the worse comes to the worst, you can always go to court and ask how the head-honcho of greater-manchester traffic-police got away with points and a fine when he got busted on the M6 Toll a few weeks ago for a recorded 104mph.

Be lucky!

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
Rev-head said:
Bye Bye License i think if they caught you over the ton mark!!
81-85mph 3 points and 60 quid

Good Luck

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on mate, lets not make things worse for the poor bloke.

If it was me, I'd be a bit worried, but the number of times I've flown past vans on bridges doing naughty speeds and never got a thing should make you a bit more confident. Not saying I condone it or anything, but at the end of the day I understand what makes us enthusiasts drive fast.

Just keep your chin up and don't let it bother you mate.

If the worse happens, make as much good out of it as you can. I know it sounds a bit extreme, but I bet you'd rather be caught on camera than have the fire brigade cut you out after hitting someone at 100mph+.

Stay cool.

Drew.

[

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on mate, lets not make things worse for the poor bloke.

If it was me, I'd be a bit worried, but the number of times I've flown past vans on bridges doing naughty speeds and never got a thing should make you a bit more confident. Not saying I condone it or anything, but at the end of the day I understand what makes us enthusiasts drive fast.

Just keep your chin up and don't let it bother you mate.

If the worse happens, make as much good out of it as you can. I know it sounds a bit extreme, but I bet you'd rather be caught on camera than have the fire brigade cut you out after hitting someone at 100mph+.

Stay cool.

Fair enough just answering the question not trying to make him feel down
When you come to think of it if they where on fly over it more than likely that they haven't got his speed because if they did they be after him and stopping him ??

LOL

It was a van - Think I'd run circles around it - but yes its my fault, slap on my wrist, punch to the head - Wont do it again... If I do loose it then my car is gonna be of the road for its mods anyway, so just have to make the most of it!

Cheers for all your support!

Go out and give it large for a couple of weeks, as you might not get a chance for a bit

If they didn't stop you then they need to get a photo of your legible number plate and the speed you were doing on the same photo. I doubt your plate could be read from that distance.

I have the print out and pictures of me in my S3 when i was caught by a van in cumbria. The distance on the photo said 394.9 meters on the shot of my speed, then another confirming my plate a lot closer....(It doesnt state the distance on the next two pics, but if you look at the times you'll see they are seconds later). If you where genuinely a mile off the van when you slammed on, I am not sure if its possible that he got you....its too far.

Anyways...heres the pics...

Hope you get away with it mate. I've had a few lucky escapes. Not long ago passed cops doing 120 getting away from a Lotus Elise that was sitting up my ****.Lucky they were busy just pulling somone else in.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got caught a few years ago doing 114mph and ended up with 6 points and a £300 fine.
Got a good solicitor, went to court and pleaded that I needed my licence for work. Cost me £200 for the solictor too.

[ QUOTE ]
S3SCX said:
do them vans work when it is dark too

[/ QUOTE ]

was wondering the same thing the other night on my way home. Only a mile or so further up the road......camera van. Guess that answers that one then.

I got done for 118mph about 6 years ago.

25 day ban and £250.

you should have waved at the van. LOL, but in all seriousness plead that you need your license for work and if you loose it you WILL loose your job.

there are some god forums for people caught speeding giving some good advise, like when you recive your letter asking for all the photos unedited, and asking for the calibration certificate, and asking who was operating the camera, as they have to be specially trained to use them!

here is a link so have a good read there is alot of good info in there. http://www.pepipoo.com/

god luck!

Cumbria Police have now got a new type of speed camera van that operates in the DARK! Their excuse is to catch speeding vehicle's returning home in the early hours :-(

Hopefully you were too far away to be caught! And hopefully they were doing someone else instead of you!

Good luck
Rich.

One of my friend got caught doing 108 on the A3 once on a section that is 50 mph only (through Guildford), got a court order and he ended up with a £60 fine, £40 in court fees, and his licence was suspended for 7 days. But from what I understood, if your licence has been suspended, they don't take points from it (I could be wrong there).

Good luck mate

[ QUOTE ]
BravePilot said:
One of my friend got caught doing 108 on the A3 once on a section that is 50 mph only (through Guildford), got a court order and he ended up with a £60 fine, £40 in court fees, and his licence was suspended for 7 days. But from what I understood, if your licence has been suspended, they don't take points from it (I could be wrong there).

Good luck mate

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but a ban is still a ban, have to tell insurance come renewal time methinks.

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:

Yes, but a ban is still a ban, have to tell insurance come renewal time methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, of course, not a position I would want to be in, but at least he can actually still drive.

You actually need to tell the insurance company as soon as it happens as it's a contributing factor in them insuring you i.e. a change in circumstance.

[ QUOTE ]
BravePilot said:

[/ QUOTE ]

He was ****** lucky, that is extreme speeding. I take it he had a pretty clean licence when he went to court? I thought temporary speed limits couldn't be used against you unless on the motorway? Probably another urban myth.
You have to be banned for more than 28 days (IIRC) to get the points wiped.
If you could predict the outcome I'd get done deliberately and take a 30 day ban as I'm not gonna survive 2 years on 9 points. Anyone know if they take a previous totting up ban ito account when they pass judgement. I bet they do, so they'll throw the book at me again (12 month ban last time around). I think it's time to get a Suzuki Altos! I'm sh*t scared everytime I get behind the wheel now. And before the sanctimonious crew chuck in their twopennith worth, I am trying not to speed. I don't deliberately get behind the wheel and say "I'm gonna do some excellent speeding today", but anyone who says they never speed is a downright liar. They just don't realise that they're doing it.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
[ QUOTE ]
BravePilot said:

You have to be banned for more than 28 days (IIRC) to get the points wiped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, not sure if I've misunderstood you, but I got caught on a camera doing 100mph along the A303. I received a 7 day ban, but no points (would of preferred points to a disqualification though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

He was ****** lucky, that is extreme speeding. I take it he had a pretty clean licence when he went to court? I thought temporary speed limits couldn't be used against you unless on the motorway? Probably another urban myth.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was lucky... and it was not a temporary speed limit, it's permanent 50 mph on the A3 through Guildford, so even luckier!!!! In fact I would go as far to say he has the luck of the devil! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
He was caught by the police (with me in the car), speeding with a boat trailer (50mph tyres and he was doing 60) in a Volvo T5 on the A3 / the number plate had dropped of the trailer, and he had crossed the criss-cross bit when entering the motorway on the sliproad - and the police let him off, just said be more careful next time.

Alright for some!

Back to the top post.....night time camera's in Cumbria....how do you know this???? Very worrying as I commute there v. early and late in the evening...

And i believe that there is a fature in the DIS that allows you to set two speed warnings which beep if you exceed them and there is a speed alert on the roadagel methinks....

Rick

[ QUOTE ]
Rickquattro said:

And i believe that there is a fature in the DIS that allows you to set two speed warnings which beep if you exceed them and there is a speed alert on the roadagel methinks....

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right there, I have it set for 80 mph, which means it beeps at 85 mph... damn good thing if you ask me for those nights you're a little dosey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Rickquattro said:
Back to the top post.....night time camera's in Cumbria....how do you know this???? Very worrying as I commute there v. early and late in the evening...

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this has not changed your opinion regarding the touching cloth post?

Murdoch, what I meant was, if you have been banned for totting up i.e. reaching 12 points on your licence, then the resulting ban wipes all points from your licence as long as it is a 28 day ban or more. So when you get your licence back it is clean.

Andy, I now getchya dude, I thought I may have misunderstood your angle!

Just got this off the net....its interesting reading incase you think you can get 12 points lose your license and then you have a clean license again!

Totting-up
If you incur 12 or more penalty points within a three year period you will face automatic disqualification under the ‘totting-up’ system.

Information on your driving entitlement and endorsements are sent to the courts and police on request.

Endorsements and disqualifications
Endorsements must remain on a licence for 11 years from the date of conviction if the offence is:

drinking/drugs and driving (shown on the licence as DR10, DR20, DR30 and DR80)
causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence of drink/drugs (shown on the licence as CD40, CD50 and CD60)
causing death by careless driving, then failing to provide a specimen for analysis (shown on the licence as CD70)
or four years from date of conviction if the offence is as listed below:

reckless/dangerous driving (shown on the licence as DD40, DD60 and DD80)
offences resulting in disqualification
disqualified from holding a full licence until a driving test has been passed
or four years from the date of offence in all other cases.

If you are disqualified for one or more alcohol related offences, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency will carry out medical enquiries before a new licence is granted. These offences are:

disqualified with a blood level over 200mg/100ml (or equivalent in breath or urine)
disqualified twice in ten years for certain alcohol related offences
disqualified for failing or refusing to give a specimen