Anyone on the Forum an Advance Driver?

bravepilot

Reaction score
Anyone here a qualified advanced driver? If so, can you highly recommend the course and qualification? Is it good for the insurance? how does the training work etc.?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My dad is, and he said it made him much more aware when driving, but also it reduced his insurance. Also if you ever get stopped by the cops (as my dad did), soon as they see the 9i'm an Advanced Motorist' sticker on your window they tend to apreciate that a lot and possibly not give you a fine when they might normally have done.

Did it just to prove that I could do it. The insurance with discounts (only from particular insurers) is more expensive than normal. I got pulled by Plod and he made some demeaning comment - it was a random safety check and he said that he'd hope my car was in good order having seen the IAM badge. It had a tyre that was on 2mm and he said next time he saw me he'd "do me" despite the fact it was pefectly legal at the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif This was years ago by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd recommend it though as it makes you think differently about your driving style. I drive a Civic Type R (the girlfriend has the Audi), and you get a free driving course from Honda for the Type R - a lot of it was simply going over IAM stuff which was a good refresher for me