Anyone taken their UK car to the Nurburgring??

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
After seeing top gear a couple of weeks back where Jeremy took that Jag Diesel to the RING i have been wondering how much it would cost to get me and my car over there.

Has anyone here done it? and how much did it cost them in total?

Is it true the RING is classed as a public road and therefore you dont need special track day cover? or is that just wishfull thinking?

And is if €14 per lap?

thanks

There was some talk about this before, ASN were thinking of organising some sort of trip with all the guys from here.

Which i was really interested in doing.

Last time I asked, lap cost was €13 and it IS classified as a public toll road. German insurance companies tend to exclude it by name, but I don't think UK companies have reached that point yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yes, I was going to organise a trip for Audi sport peeps to swing on by out there, but would need enough interest.

It would be down to peeps though to organise there own transport to the ring and sleeping arrangments, but we could say a specific day for people to arrange a date too.

why would we need enough interest then if were not gonna book the track?

surely even if there were just 5 or6 or us we could convoy over there and spend a few days in the area and on the RING?

Well im defo interested be good to meet some guys off here as well.

Think it was going to be begining of new yeat or something.