storing wheels/tyres.

myzeneye

Reaction score
can anyone advise me of the best way to store my old alloys. they have brand new tyres on, and i dont want them to perrish or go bad....
tried to sell them, but no joy, may try ebay... but i think really it would be best if i kept them for trade in time as the 18"'s ive replaced them with wont really increase the value of the car, and im sure ill buy another audi which will want big wheels.
dont really want to remove the tyres unless i have to, should i deflate them a little ? should they have no contact with the ground ????
thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Erm I don't know about the best way, but I just keep mine in one of the outbuildings with a tarp over them and treat them occasionally with back-to-black type rubber treatments. That seems to stop any deterioration of the rubber.

They're my winter alloys with M&S tyres so only get used for a couple of months each winter. They're about to go back on this weekend having come off the car back at the end of last March and look A1 to me.

cheers teatray...
thats how im keeping them at the minute.... but as there not "winter wheels", and i plan on keeping the car for a couple of years, they may be sat around for a while...

anyone got any further suggestions ???