Chris NottVolks Autos
    Administrator

Status

Pakistan Match Fixing Allegations

I guess even the completely non-cricketing types among us have heard about all this, but I'm just wondering what folks opinions are?...

Personally, I find outrageous and shameful in equal measure. I honestly hope, if found guilty, the players involved are given lifetime bans by the ICC. It might sound harsh, or it might sound like I'm just after a couple less decent bowlers in a side who compete with 'mine' - but I promise that's not it; I think, well, it's just not Cricket.

That pretty much nails Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif, and of course Salman Butt (as the captain picking when to bowl which men); I find it particularly sad that Amir is involved, because he's shown amazing skill with the ball, and was already (at 18) looking like becoming one of the world's bowling legends. Surely any club on the planet (perhaps not in India) would gladly have had him as a pro? I find it staggering that anyone would risk prospects like that with such dodgy activity. (...And I was (looks unlikely now) quite looking forward to seeing him bowl in the 1st ODI which I'm due to head up to Chester-le-Street to watch with a couple of the lads)

Of course it's a different story for Kamran Akmal (their hapless Wicket-keeper) - he's alleged to be caught up with the dodgy betting scam too; but to be fair, having watched his work with the gloves he probably only had celebrity endorsements for butter, spectacles and body-armour as realistic options for real money making; but still (as above) shunning that to get involved with shady betting- it's just not Cricket.

A sad time for the sport globally I say...

//R
    Boot full of dog. Back seat full of lenses.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Not a fan of cricket, but 3 minutes into the vid though... 'SHOW ME DA MONEEEEEEEY!'

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

thats me

Status
    it makes it more exciting for me lol Cricket is so dull but great to watch while revising
    red to red black to black blue to bits

5th Gear

Status
    I find it a shame that this furore is going to mean that this last test gets remembered for the dodgy dealings rather than the fantastic partnership between Broad and Trott. I missed the entire partnership while on the golf course both days, but from the highlights it looked awesome.

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.