MARS FRIDAY 27th AUG

redleg

Reaction score
Two moons on 27th August 2010

jef
GetInline.aspx

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for.............

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles off earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.

The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again.

I'll keep an eye out cheers Jeff

very interesting will have to have a look, but with my luck it will be cloudy

Sounds interesting, I also love this sort of stuff.

Coz, it is still happening though isnt it??

Yea, but nowhere near as close as it was in '03. This month, Mars will just be another dot in the sky. Venus and Saturn will be brighter! Mars is roughly 196 million miles away from us at the mo and it's meant to be 36 million.

WOW!!!

Seriously not sarcily...thats some interesting shizzle there dude :)

lol yeh its clearly one of those chain mail type things.

And this is pretty interesting.... (about when it happened in 2003)

Much has been made of the fact that the August 27th encounter with Mars is the closest in some 60,000 years. Neanderthals were the last to observe Mars so favorably placed.

WOW!!!

Seriously not sarcily...thats some interesting shizzle there dude :)

I love anything to do with space! Last year on one of my courses I had to learn about celestial navigation, so learnt quite a bit about stars, planets and the moon.

Here's a good program that I use. You put in your position, and it simulates the sky with all the positions of stars and planets. You click on any of them and it'll give you all it's details in real time from exact position in the sky, brightness and how far away from it you are.

Good stuff cos, is that how you navigate out in the sea? lol

Tonights the night folks, and it's ****** wet and cloudy outside, so probably a chance to see jack all!

I don't understand where people get off making this stuff up....? I wish I had that much time on my hands.

Tonights the night folks, and it's ****** wet and cloudy outside, so probably a chance to see jack all!
Its not gonna happen Joe :banghead: read Helens posts links

You do, you just chose to use it wisely and repair your S3 and post pics of sexual women, hehe! :eyebrows:

Interesting point dude... Wish I had a bit more time to abuse foreigners on COD MW2. I miss getting on that every night.

Yeah its all fake. Its never gonna be anywhere as close.

Good stuff cos, is that how you navigate out in the sea? lol

Only when sh*t REALLY hits the fan! lol Thankfully, hasn't happened yet and hopefully never will!!

I've got my camera out! :photo:

Jo probably had a double decker snickers!!