AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Outlook 2010

  1. #1
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,096

    Outlook 2010

    Anyone using Outlook 2010 of any type, retail, oem, volume etc etc?

    Wanna compare some setup options as somethings changed from one version to another.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    What you wanna know. I have access to it at work.

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  4. #3
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,096
    Just would like to know if when you add an email account, it shows up with the stupid imap account at 1st which is fine as did in 07, but when its found the mailserver, you can then you set it as manual mailserver settings to go & change to pop3 or imap, but when you change it to pop3, it now asks you to choose a pst file to use for the pop3 account, its so fecking stupid & idiotic, I'm using pro plus atm, but would like to know if this is across the board please, pointless change really is & adds stupid time to setups.

    I swear it didnt do this on a proplus version I tested before, it wasnt beta either, maybe its cause I'm testing a Vol version, I'll have a play with the iso's I have here but how bloody annoying.
    Last edited by NHN; 29th July 2010 at 17:05.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  5. #4
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    2,003
    I have recently loaded it and its a pain in the ass, they have added too much on to it and made it take twice as long to do anything.
    You spend most of your time trying to find things.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  6. #5
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,096
    Also even if you disable the junk filters, it still filters email using the junk system, I have my own server side spam setup so no need for it, I'm seriously contemplating back to 07 as its pants, as if I disable junk then it shouldnt work full stop.

    Sidibear, what version you running mate & does it also add new account as I've advised?

    The one thing I do like is the email linking so shows you emails of the same subject within the same lines, very handy idea.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  7. #6
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    2,003
    NHN, its professional, and yes, it asked me about the .pst file too. I just let it do its thing, but took an age to set up how I like it.
    Excell isnt compatible with any of my old saved files and Word is a nightmare.

    I do think they have made a step backwards with this version.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  8. #7
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,096
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    NHN, its professional, and yes, it asked me about the .pst file too. I just let it do its thing, but took an age to set up how I like it.
    Excell isnt compatible with any of my old saved files and Word is a nightmare.

    I do think they have made a step backwards with this version.
    Thanks for info, yeah this whole pst thing really is bugging me, also if you change pst file now you have to setup the whole damn account again, you cant redirect it to the new or another pst file, it really is the most stupid change in a long time from MS on a leading product & I usually back them up on things, but this sucks ass big time.

    Your xls & doc should be fully backwards compat, as long as you save them as the same extension & not as the new extension version mate, same as 07 was.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  9. #8
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    2,003
    I was running 03 before, and all my files on my remote are 03. It says I have to change the VBD code or something.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  10. #9
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,096
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    I was running 03 before, and all my files on my remote are 03. It says I have to change the VBD code or something.
    If you drop the file locally then try does it show same error & screen print please.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  11. #10
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    The best, well, only good thing about O2010 is the fact you can have more than 1 Exchange mailbox configured.

    Bonus.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  12. #11
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,096
    Also weirdly I deleted a huge load of old emails, pst didnt drop so thought its the old pst corrupted file problem, hence scanpst came out, found few errors but did sweet FA to the size tbh.

    But, now it seems to be going down very slowly even 4 days after the deletion, I'm wondering if the size is linked to indexing as previous pst files didnt do this on 03 & 07, I mean it mysteriously lost about 500MB over night, still going down.

    I will be experimenting later on the changing of pst file location to see if it also corrupts the email accounts now I've used another account install method as default route & pst file location change completely screws up the accounts.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  13. #12
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Also weirdly I deleted a huge load of old emails, pst didnt drop so thought its the old pst corrupted file problem, hence scanpst came out, found few errors but did sweet FA to the size tbh.

    But, now it seems to be going down very slowly even 4 days after the deletion, I'm wondering if the size is linked to indexing as previous pst files didnt do this on 03 & 07, I mean it mysteriously lost about 500MB over night, still going down.

    I will be experimenting later on the changing of pst file location to see if it also corrupts the email accounts now I've used another account install method as default route & pst file location change completely screws up the accounts.
    Indexing does take a while - but not that long to remove old deleted data surely?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





  14. #13
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,096
    Mate I kid you not, admittedly I'm using N wifi to my belkin router, which is then going through 2 x gbps patch leads to my nas which houses my pst file anyway, but that thing is quick as lightning, so its gotta be the indexing as I cant think of anyother mechanism in OLK that would not immediately show size difference.

    You know what else pisses me of about OLK since 07, the pst.tmp files that it changed to in 07 to socalled protect the pst file from corruption, if you drop a network connection it hangs the pst file with this tmp file for about 10 minutes then you can delete the tmp file & open outlook, what a pita that is.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  15. #14
    Welly's Avatar
    VX220 SC Driver :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Mate I kid you not, admittedly I'm using N wifi to my belkin router, which is then going through 2 x gbps patch leads to my nas which houses my pst file anyway, but that thing is quick as lightning, so its gotta be the indexing as I cant think of anyother mechanism in OLK that would not immediately show size difference.

    You know what else pisses me of about OLK since 07, the pst.tmp files that it changed to in 07 to socalled protect the pst file from corruption, if you drop a network connection it hangs the pst file with this tmp file for about 10 minutes then you can delete the tmp file & open outlook, what a pita that is.
    Wireless N and 1000 base/T hard connection? Ain't going to be the network EVER causing the speed issue then....

    Well - I shall watch out for this on my travels then in which case - custies are just starting to jump on the Office 2010 bandwagon... and it's only a matter of time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson





 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO