Higher speed limits at night?

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Just was thinking on a point brought up on last sundays "top gear" why not have higher speed limits at night? it struck me as a obscenely simple idea! say after 11pm make it say 100mph? ok it might not be sutable every where but on the whole it could work?
wot do you all think?????

Great idea every time i drive down south (southampton)i do it overnight and to drive at that speed sounds great(not that i dont) and traffic is nothing at that time and all the coffin dodgers are in bed at that time so that cancels out 70% of all accident that occur
One thing on three lane motorway only
To be honest the last time i drove in England was the M25 at 7.00 and if you were driving the outside lane at 80mph you were holding the traffic up so that justifies 100mph speed limit maybe in Third lane????

There should be a minimum speed limit of 80Mph in the fast lane! One thing that really annoys me are the people who insist at driving at 70 mph in the fast lane! Motorway driving should be compulsory on a driving test! Teach people how to ****** use it!!!!!!

YOGi

I agree with that suggestion too, it's a great idea. Hey, on a similar note, what is the speed limit on the roads over there? I am mostly curious about the major motorways.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Motorways are 70mph over here unfortunatley!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Higher limits at night sounds like a top idea... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Sooner the better I say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

well, just becuase you can't go any faster no need to slow other people down by taking half an hour to overtake. And the stupid thing is that when you overtake, you only end up a few meters ahead of the other lorry, becuase its probably only going 2mph slower. But anyway i'm not saying i don't symphasise with lorry drivers, but its still annoying. And van drivers, they are the worst. They don't care about the car cos its not theirs, and they think they are driving a S3 or something the way the drive. and they think their van is fast when its not.

yea i think it should be around 100 ish lol after 10 makes sense

DAN

[ QUOTE ]
fallmonk said:
yes but a few meters x 2mph x 9hrs driving the maths add up!
as for the white van people think most of them think they are in "supervan" surounded by pannels that sheild then from other road users!

[/ QUOTE ]

I drive a milkfloat BLUE Fiat Ducato /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif van on some of the big jobs I do, 2.3 diesel....

What a crock of [censored]!

Why dont Audi make vans?

The problem with lorries overtaking on dual carriageways such as the A14 for example is often caused by changes in terrain, the guy behind pulls out to overtake going down hill the gradient dissappears and so does his advantage.

I think the vehicle being overtaken ought to lift off to allow the manouver to be accomplished quicker but this never happens