Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

S4 Figures - Help!

Any B7 S4 owners out there... Can you let me know what sort of figures i can get; MPG!

I've looked at a few on Autotrader and am thinking of one for a year or so, just wonder about the petrol though! Also are they expensive to keep on the road I.E. Servicing etc.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Same engine and weight as the B6 S4 IIRC so I'd imagine performance and economy would be near-enough identical.

My remapped B6 averages about 26 but most people seem to get lower than that: around 20 seems to be more normal depending on driving style and conditions. Single figure MPG is entirely possible if you have a very heavy right foot though...

Don't know about servicing costs off the top of my head (all the paperwork is at home) as it was serviced shortly before I bought it so I haven't had to do it yet.

Other running costs: four new Eagle F1 Asymmetrics cost about Ł550 including fitting and I've had a quote for Ł560 to replace all brake discs and pads.
    Last edited by BillTheButcher; 16th June 2010 at 13:57.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Same engine and weight as the B6 S4 IIRC so I'd imagine performance and economy would be near-enough identical.

My remapped B6 averages about 26 but most people seem to get lower than that: around 20 seems to be more normal depending on driving style and conditions. Single figure MPG is entirely possible if you have a very heavy right foot though...

Don't know about servicing costs off the top of my head (all the paperwork is at home) as it was serviced shortly before I bought it so I haven't had to do it yet.

Other running costs: four new Eagle F1 Asymmetrics cost about Ł550 including fitting and I've had a quote for Ł560 to replace all brake discs and pads.
    Cheers Bill - 20ish MPG .... Think it's the A6 S-Line TDI then!

Do you have shares in Shell...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Good 2 B A Gooner View Post
    Cheers Bill - 20ish MPG .... Think it's the A6 S-Line TDI then!

Do you have shares in Shell...
    Official combined figure for the B6/B7 S4 was 21 I think so I'm well chuffed with 26. Fuel economy's not high on the list of priorities when looking at 4.2 V8s.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post

Ł560 to replace brake discs and pads, seriously mate you could do it for alot cheaper than that!! you could get a full set of redstuff pads for less than Ł160.00

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Good 2 B A Gooner View Post
    Any B7 S4 owners out there... Can you let me know what sort of figures i can get; MPG!

I've looked at a few on Autotrader and am thinking of one for a year or so, just wonder about the petrol though! Also are they expensive to keep on the road I.E. Servicing etc.

Cheers
    Lol, to be honest mate you dont buy a 4.2 V8 for fuel economy.

I would love one but at Ł1.20 a litre, top whack tax band and insurance group i dont think i will bother.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

4th Gear

Status
    Get one pre 2006 and only pay Ł245 for tax??? I average about 23-24 mpg in my B6, so not so bad. I averaged about 25-26 mpg in my golf v6 4motion, so I am happy with the extra 140 BHP for the 2-4 mpg loss.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Ł560 to replace brake discs and pads, seriously mate you could do it for alot cheaper than that!! you could get a full set of redstuff pads for less than Ł160.00
    The OEM pads only account for Ł146 of that figure. The discs are Ł168 for the fronts and Ł98 for the rears. The rest is labour.

And before you suggest it there's no way I'm fitting them myself. I wouldn't want to drive any car that I'd had a hand in maintaining.
    Last edited by BillTheButcher; 21st June 2010 at 10:27.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Lol, to be honest mate you dont buy a 4.2 V8 for fuel economy.

I would love one but at Ł1.20 a litre, top whack tax band and insurance group i dont think i will bother.
    I know mate - I wasn't looking for an S4 then my Wife sent me an advert for one, saying "Isn't this what you've always wanted!"

I had been thinking of an RS6...! Only for a year, just to say i'd had that dream motor... But then thought better of it!

Looks like it'll be a 3.0 S Line A6 Avant - We have a lil man, and a Dog will be coming soon, so it seems the better option