Speed Camera Paranoia

holderd

Reaction score
Guys I need some reassurance…
Today I was driving along a section of dual carriageway next to where I live. The speed limit is 40mph and there is a GATSO.
I came off the roundabout in the outside lane and drove through the GATSO at 40mph. I needed to accelerate along the line of traffic that was in the inside lane to get into a gap further down the road, so as soon as my back wheels went past the speed camera lines I put my foot down.
Now my mighty 1.6 isn’t really all that fast when you boot it in 3rd gear but I was going down hill and 50mph came up in an instant-well in view of the camera.
Now I didn’t see any flashes but I’m really really paranoid now that I have set the stupid thing off. Can and will a GATSO ’get you’ once your past the lines?
I know this probably sounds ridiculous and that I shouldn’t speed in the first place but I like my license clean. Does anybody know the score with these things?:(

Nah you will be fine. I do it all the time..I start accelerating from halfway past the lines...Basically to be 'done'by a gatson it has to take 2 shots from the beginning of the lines and to the end and it measures your distance travelled so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyways good luck!

Exactly, if you're on the white lines, chill. The trigger is the rectangular pressure-pad before the white lines (dashes) - and if you've not seen the pressure-pad before you'll notice them from now on (lol) - they're highlighted by a shiny bitumen seal over the outline of the bit of road they cut out of the road to house it.

Once you're over the pad, you're good to rag it again :)

Yeah you should be fine.. Although i dont mean to hijack the thread but, i was going through these traffic lights, and i went through amber and as i JUST passed the lights it went red. i looked back and there was a traffic light camera!! Would i bedone for this???

You know when they flash. If you didn't notice it you either weren't flashed or you're blind!

If you slowed down you wouldn't have the problem. Speeding is socially unacceptable and has been directly linked to bird flu. They put up three new cameras by me and cases went down by 35%

Yeah you should be fine.. Although i dont mean to hijack the thread but, i was going through these traffic lights, and i went through amber and as i JUST passed the lights it went red. i looked back and there was a traffic light camera!! Would i bedone for this???

As Oranoco said, you were either flashed or you're blind - it's a shocking flash-light and impossible to miss as it reflects in your three mirrors! The traffic-light cameras give about 1 seconds grace over the line, it's the blatant jumpers that get flashed, not the slpit-second oops. Anyway, when you're at a certain speed at a certain distance from a traffic-light you're allowed to pass when it changes to amber. Not sure what that speed/distance is but I'd assume the cameras make allowances for these timings. Or would that be too much logic to expect? Lol

Thanks for the replies guy's. I've been worrying about it for the last couple of days but I feel better now.
As for not been able to see the flash; it was very sunny at the time so I may not of seen it has it flashed.