Range Rover Sport

waring192

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Could do with a small bit of help, my mother is almost as bad as me at changing her car!

She used to have the P38 4.6 HSE which she had for 6+ years. Since then she has had a X5 and X3 but doesnt like the X3 now. Its the 3.0d so its quite nippy!

I have found her 3 possibles;

2.7 TD6, 2007, 17K, Dealer, £27.5K

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201018358103056/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/30000/model/range_rover_sport/make/land_rover/postcode/la128nh/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/40?logcode=p

2.7 TD6, 2006, 35K, Land Rover Dealer, £28.5K

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201012355481432/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/30000/model/range_rover_sport/make/land_rover/radius/40/postcode/la128nh/page/2/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

4.2 V6 super, 2006, 37K, Dealer, £29K

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201018358247201/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/30000/model/range_rover_sport/make/land_rover/radius/40/postcode/la128nh/page/2/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

So which one? She only wants blue or green and is not bothered about diesel or petrol as she doesn't go that far. As the X3 is quite quick (which she likes) I think the 2.7 D might be too underpowered. But how much faster will the petrol depreciate? It does have alot more kit on it though.

So any ideas?

Cheers

She likes her big vehicles Isee! Had some nice ones too!

Dont like the 1st diesel at all sorry! Not my cup of Tea!

The 2nd one is nice looking with great spec but my choice would be the 3rd one. That engine will be awsome too! Just my thoughts!

My friend, only one answer: the 2006 4.2 SC. had one, its speed takes the armchair equation out of a wallowy 4x4

the 4.2 s/c is amazing, but could she live with 12-15mpg, on a good day!!

Not surprised she doesn't like the X3, they are shockingly badly built. (not made by bmw either)

the 4.2 s/c is amazing, but could she live with 12-15mpg, on a good day!!

Not surprised she doesn't like the X3, they are shockingly badly built. (not made by bmw either)

Her old range rover did about 16mpg and put on 70K over 6 years so shes not that bothered!

Yeah, I dont like driving it either, far to bouncy!

Did you have a look at them? Any good? Or has she (you lol) chosen something else!!

Haha, I will use it from time to time. Dont live with my mother but shes not far away so If I ever feel like a change shes happy to swap!

She likes the S3, Used to have a MGB back in the day!

Well the 4.2 SC I posted was listed as blue on there website (hard to tell black and dark blue), when we got there is was black! So no go there, she hates black Range Rovers. So we popped over to local Landy place and took the TD8 (3.6) diesel out and she wants it or the charged petrol (which they didnt have).

But there is one down in Devon somewere that she likes as its Green! 4.2 charged, 07 plate, 32K @ £30. So depending what they offer for the X3 its either PX or sell X3 private but she "wants it"

Will keep you posted!

0-60...7.2 is not bad for something weighing 2.6T!

but she "wants it"

0-60...7.2 is not bad for something weighing 2.6T!

And when a woman wants it...never stand in the way!!

Wow, it shifts for a heavy lump! Very nice!

Devon lol, take wifey too for a weekend away maybe! If its a good vehicle at a good deal, always worth the trip!

Good luck, hope she gets sorted!

How weird i was just looking at the spec of these, they do need close to 400bhp to get the power though!