K&N air filter?

missviper

Reaction score
Need some advice
would my 2.0tdi benifit from having a K&N air filter??????????????????????????

There's loads of debate about this to be honest...some say yes...some say no. Are you after a panel filter to stick in the stock airbox or a full on induction kit?

Is your car running standard power because if it is I'd stick with the standard paper one. I've been running a green cotton panel in mine for about 12 months now with no issues but thats more to do with not having the change them every service.

Some people complain of oily MAF's after using K&N's as they have oil in them to trap the dirt but in reality I dont know how many people actually suffer with that.

If your car is standard then I'd stick with a stock paper one. If you want a little bit of extra noise then I'd go for a green cotton panel filter as lots of people on here use them with no issues.....if you want a lot more noise then go for a full on induction kit.

T

no not standard have had it re mapped with superchips a long time ago
Thinking of just changing the filter and not a full induction kit

Ti be fair , I have a Pipercross in my little car
I did it because it does give a bit more MPG and bit better throttle response
But to be fair nothing major , dont expect anything major , as it is just a panel filter
I had one mainly as they last alot longer
So in the end it saves me a bit of money , as I replaced my OEM filter every 20k
£10 ish for an OEM one , £28 for a Pipercross one (all + VAT)
So after 60k on the Pipercross , it saves me £2
So then I bin it and get a new one......does me proud

But a few have said that they have no noticed anything....but hey , its not going to break the bank , so may be worth a try

K&N are the market leaders , have been for a while
Sarah

Need some advice
would my 2.0tdi benifit from having a K&N air filter??????????????????????????

I used K&N Filter and I think that it is the best of all filter. There are lots of benefit when I used this one. :D

k&n= oil over air sensor mate if thats not a issue(as i no naff all about tdi's)then the k&n would be fine but if you got a air temp sensor in your air intake pipe you will cover it in oil and thus stop it from working and that £170 for a new one once its damaged

just get a k+n and de oil it then.