Have i gone totally bonkers?

The market for 645s at 5 years old is not huge given it will drink petrol..plus expect these cars to get rogered with road tax after the election.

The market for 645s at 5 years old is not huge given it will drink petrol..plus expect these cars to get rogered with road tax after the election.

That particular car won't as it's a 2005 build - the backdated car tax rise won't affect it.

Thats why i said ...wait till after the election....

I'm sure its a nice car but its one ugly thing. They arent popular because they look pants!

Big cars and big engines dont mix when it comes to resale i'm afraid. It might look cheap now but it will cost loads to run and devalue a chunk more I bet!

I know its a big V8 and I know that the costs of running will be high, but coming from an S4 cab, I am used to it so the costs dont really bother me. I just think its a very good looking car with some decent performance stats for the size of it.

But then I also think a 911 targa is a good looking car as well and that could be on the radar.

Been thinking about it overnight, and going to get Revo 1 next weekend, and along with the TBE, i am hoping that it comes alive. :idea:

Last edited:
P.s - why has this been moved when its a thread about me thinking about trading my S3 for a 6 series??

I know its a big V8 and I know that the costs of running will be high, but coming from an S4 cab, I am used to it so the costs dont really bother me. I just think its a very good looking car with some decent performance stats for the size of it.

But then I also think a 911 targa is a good looking car as well and that could be on the radar.

Been thinking about it overnight, and going to get Revo 1 next weekend, and along with the TBE, i am hoping that it comes alive. :idea:

should have gone to spec savers ......:)

The BMW 6 series is a car to be admired, It was designed over a 2 year period and cost BMW endless Millions of £'s to get it right, A personal friend who is a BMW designer and tester went to hell and back making sure every aspect of the new 6 series was perfect,

Now if you think it looks sexy or horrid is a personal choice, me id buy one, but id be after a diesel version and not run it as my everyday car, yes they do cost a few £'s to run and own, but it always goes back to my old mans saying, if you cant afford to run it then you cant afford to buy it!

I like the 6 series! It would have to be a manual though, if such a thing exists.....

James - they certainly do exist but they are rare as rocking horse s.............

****** good car to be fair but it's one ugly mofo. Brother worked on one a year or so ago and I remember him commenting on how thirsty it was.

I prefer the old shape 6, but if a new one was going, I wouldnt say no :)