Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Smell my finger.

Status

GF's TT....in a bad way :(

My other half has a 2001 TT Roadster which to be honest...I think is a bit of a pup..rough around the edges etc.

Anyway its been in for a service today and we have had the dreaded phone call with a list of issues....

First one is the big one....

The diff is f*cked...I always knew the car had a whine to it but it seems the diffs the issue and it needs replacing..

Both rear springs are snapped! (Eibach....no shock there then)

Front shocks are both seeping fluid

CV boots split

The garage wont touch the diff job, they say its a huge job and they're not prepared to even quote

Rear springs I can do but I'll either need to get 4 x standard springs or 2 x -25mm springs and only change the backs

Front shocks...meh...I suppose I'll have to do that too.

I thinkthe GF wants to part ex it into a dealer ASAP to save doing the work in time for the MOT next month...part of me agrees with her.

So she's now super pissed off and I think my weekends been riuned as I'll be working on her car for most of it if I can get parts.

She got the car just after we got together a couple of years ago but she wouldnt let me come with her to view the car. If she had I'd have told her to walk away....women!!!. The cars been a problem child from the start with lots of little niggles etc...the last being a huge boost leak that I managed to sort but even so...its like the unloved ginger stepchild now.

Rant over!

Anyone know how long the warranty on Eibach springs are?, its not the first set I've heard of that have broken. They were fitted by a previous owner and the invoice is in the service history so I need to check the date on it. Its a biit crap that they've broken.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    My other half has a 2001 TT Roadster which to be honest...I think is a bit of a pup..rough around the edges etc.

Anyway its been in for a service today and we have had the dreaded phone call with a list of issues....

First one is the big one....

The diff is f*cked...I always knew the car had a whine to it but it seems the diffs the issue and it needs replacing..

Both rear springs are snapped! (Eibach....no shock there then)

Front shocks are both seeping fluid

CV boots split

The garage wont touch the diff job, they say its a huge job and they're not prepared to even quote

Rear springs I can do but I'll either need to get 4 x standard springs or 2 x -25mm springs and only change the backs

Front shocks...meh...I suppose I'll have to do that too.

I thinkthe GF wants to part ex it into a dealer ASAP to save doing the work in time for the MOT next month...part of me agrees with her.

So she's now super pissed off and I think my weekends been riuned as I'll be working on her car for most of it if I can get parts.

She got the car just after we got together a couple of years ago but she wouldnt let me come with her to view the car. If she had I'd have told her to walk away....women!!!. The cars been a problem child from the start with lots of little niggles etc...the last being a huge boost leak that I managed to sort but even so...its like the unloved ginger stepchild now.

Rant over!

Anyone know how long the warranty on Eibach springs are?, its not the first set I've heard of that have broken. They were fitted by a previous owner and the invoice is in the service history so I need to check the date on it. Its a biit crap that they've broken.

T

Bad times Tom mate - My A4 is getting the boot soon also - I've only had it 11 months and it's had a wheel bearing and now needs a EGR pipe - 450 later.... p*ssed!

I'm going to cut my losses before i have to pay out more again - looks like the Wife wants an A6 final edition or an Allroad....

Smell my finger.

Status
    Part of me thinks I can just get it sorted but then whats going to happen next?, another 500 next month etc?. She's not really into cars so just see's it as a massive problem...she wants a car that doesnt rape her bank account each month and I'm fed up of fixing the bloody thing. If the diff wasnt shafted then I'd tell her to keep it...but the diff...thats a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG job.

I think its got to go to be honest....chuck it in PX somewhere and forget about it..... bit rude though.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

5th Gear

Status
    wounded mate, part ex all the way on this one mate

fix it sell it straight away is a waste of time and money, fix it and keep it and like you say whats going to go next?

eibach lowering springs snapped, never heard of that one before, defo not good though

hope you get this sorted one way or another

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Bad times tom. I think its this month, everybody is having problems ey!! Give her your car, and get an S3! hehe nahh I think the eibachs (considering they are the sportline pro) should have a million mile warranty i THINK. If the diff is expensive, try finding someone thats breaking a TT and make an offer?

Found http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Audi-4-Moti...item255a13faa3 And says it should fit, but i'll leave that to the ASN experts
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Smell my finger.

Status
    I'm thinking it needs to get PX's pronto so we can just get shot of the bloody thing.

I've found her a cool 2 year old low miles Polo GT in black....all the toys. She's not liking it but I reckon it'd be spot on....once I've got it on coilovers and LM's

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Or you could buy my fezza mate :D Its faster than porsches, lambos! Overtakes them easily when they're at 65 and im at 70

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Tom, she has got to go mate, get rid, start afresh and get working on that Polo, lowriding on the BBS's.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    The Polo sounds like a plan mate.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Yeah I think so too, slammed on LM's...that way I'll be able to chage 'scene tax' for all that ride in it

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Any updates tom? Getting rid of the TT?

Smell my finger.

Status
    Yeah its going....got it chopped in against a new car. After me wanting a Polo or Golf (anything VAG really) we came to a compromise on a.......

.....you'll have to wait and see...dont want to jinx anything!!

Status
    drum roll!!!!........

Smell my finger.

Status
    ha ha, its nothing that exciting but its a nice car and fits the 'fun and economical' requirement.

She was getting hammered by the TT's running cost and I wanted something that was a bit of fun to chuck about.....so after a lot of looking at all sorts of stuff we got something that fits the bill.

Will be revealed all in good time It wasnt something I initially thought would be any good but after driving it I had to change my mind.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Smart roadster then, nevermind Tom,lol

Smell my finger.

Status
    ha ha, no....not one of those!.

Status
    Is it a Metro??

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Guess the car now is it? Like for like(sort of)? Daihatsu Copen?

Smell my finger.

Status
    Both wrong!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    a fiesta or a mini

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Smell my finger.

Status
    No and no

Status
    Mini Cooper S????

Smell my finger.

Status
    Nope.

Dont get thinking its anything really exciting. More of a 'bloody hell, this is pretty good!' when test driving it. Good fun but not massive power.

20 hours till collection so I'll fill you all in then...but dont get falling off your chairs when you find out what it is.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Honda Jazz then.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Nope, and not a Honda Beat either!

Status
    Kia Picanto??

2nd Gear

Status
    MX5

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    ^^ thats what i was gonna say^^

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Sorry to hear brother.

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry Byzan

Smell my finger.

Status
    Still no one close. Dont build this up into anything its not...but.........the car is.......

Still at the dealer as they've not managed to get it ready in time so you'll have to wait till Saturday.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Focus CC
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    What is it goddamit!!
    Audi TT - 2.0TFSI - Ibis White

Smell my finger.

Status
    Nope!

Status
    Beeza ?

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Wai-Fan's Instagram Channel
    Lupo GTi!
    2006/2008 - 52 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX, Platinum Silver

2008 - 04 Audi A3 8P1 2.0 TDi (140) Sport, Mauritius Blue

2013 - 2010 Audi B8 S4, Quartz Grey

Smell my finger.

Status
    No and no!

Status
    A3 cab

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Leon Cupra TDI

Smell my finger.

Status
    No, nothing as cool as that chaps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast