GF's TT....in a bad way :(

Is it this.....

ugly_car.jpg

It's all about Cow-Power now - HP is so yesterday!

suzuki swift :) the problems you had with the roadster don't seem uncommon, others have suffered the same

no no no no no :)

Car should be ready for collection tomorrow but we're going to leave it till Saturday morning...just to keep you guessing.

Dont expect anything too exotic though!

I did sugges the 100hp Panda (great cars) but she wouldnt have any of it.

Why not the dacia sandero :( Its the BEST! Is it a petrol or a diesel?

Right, prepare to be dissapointed!

The TT was rinsing the GF on fuel as she has a pretty long commute, add to that it was a total problem child and has had to have a fair bit of work done on it (which I had to do). had a service and there's BIG problems ahead for that car so it was time to get shot of it ASAP.

After hunting around, looking at various cars we decided that she wanted a 3 door hatch that was good on fuel......so we got the following...

2521091.jpg

Yes its an Arsetra!. I wasnt holding much hope for it when I found out we were viewing one but I thought we should give it a go. I drive Astras at work every day and whilst they're dull they're actually quite good cars because they do what they say on the tin. They also get a lot of stick at work and still keep going...whilst driving quite well.

So, she's got a nice dark slate grey 1.4 Sxi, full loaded and only 30K on the clock for a bragain price. Full service history, 1 owner, AC, CD, multi function steering wheel, electric everything, alloys etc. I test drove it and its a hoot to drive, its quite 'hot hatch' in its handling and drives really nicely...good fun if I'm being honest!. Its not going to win many races but once its would up its a bit of a laugh to chuck around the bends :).

We got a nice deal, which included the following..

£500 off
Full service
Wheel refub
New front seats (couple of random little holes)
MOT
Tax
Service
12 Month Network Q warranty
2 x new front fogs (stone chipped)
Full valet (10 hours work quoted by valet chap)
Scratches from a dog jumping up repaired
Full tank of petrol

Yes its not the most exciting car in the world (told you!) but its halved her insurance, it'll do over 40mpg, quite nice looking in the flesh and it wont have any issues...which was the main bug bear with the TT...plus it hardly cost anything to change so all good. The private plate on the TT has been retained so the money made from selling that will cover the costs :)

So there we go...let the slating begin but hey...its reliable so I wont be having to fix the sodding thing on a weekly basis like I was with the TT!.

T

I like it! Nice clean looking example.... I'm disapointed it wasn't a three wheeler though....!!

Thats not the actual car, just a random google image of the same model. Her's is the same but a really nice metallic dark grey :)

~Haha i was about to say the same jojo! You could maybe get the guys at work to have a look at it aswell every now and then? Guess its done you plent of favours! Not very keen on astra's but judging by what you've said tom, seems like a good buy! Hope this one serves you better than the TT!:icon_thumright:

I wanted a VXR but she wasnt having any of it..... 1.4 twin port FTW :)

Been out in it this arvo....done 100 miles and the petrol guage hasnt moved....win!

Looks good dude, ive always had a soft spot for the Vauxhalls as well, its a pretty good looking car and they are fairly decent as well.

Im actually liking the new shape one too.

Been out in it again today, managed to have a blast on one of the few nationals that we have left now....it does drive pretty well even though its not got many horses under the bonnet. Its a nice looking car too considering its just a boring hatch!