Bird hit my windscreen at 70mph!!!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well what a weekend!! On the way home from sheffield (which btw i seen loads of lambo's, ferrari's, elises etc driving into sheffield?? Was there something going on??) and on the M1 just travelled past J23 on the fast lane where a FAT bird was flying low and smashed into the passengers side of the windscreen where my girlfriend was sitting!! Bits of glass flew about and she's ok but my god what an impact!!! Think of a swan, thats how big this god damn bird was, god knows what it was though. It was beigeish/brown (still got the feathers on the windscreen) Anyway, i waited 40 mins for the RAC which just told me to drive home slowly and as my mate was driving along with me, every1 just jumped in his car and i just followed him. I have not had good luck this week first with the paint job i had reacting and needs a respray again next weekend; my girlfriends mother finding out about me and her (which if your asian, its a BIG thing) now this.. :( What next? lol. God damn bird, should of got it and ate it!! I'll try and post a few pics of it.

I had a bird strike just after crimbo but luckilly it was only a small black bird/crow type thing. It hit the leading edge of the bonnet so luckilly no damage caused....just a load of mess...minging.

We had another one at work on one of our Volvo's, a pigeon hit the headlight at about 130mph and it went straight through, through the battery and into the bulkhead!.

You've got to watch those birds...its like hitting a housebrick if you get a sizeable one.

Unlucky mate, main thing is everyone is ok.

I have not had good luck this week first with the paint job i had reacting and needs a respray again next weekend; my girlfriends mother finding out about me and her (which if your asian, its a BIG thing) now this.. :( What next? lol.

Marriage mate!, now you're fcuked! :laugh:

I wishh! Its the whole bluddy caste issue with us both being different castes. :Flush:

Ahh, I see, then you are FUBAR'd then....

.... A chinese mate of mine just got married to his indian GF, his side got the blessing, but the female side didn't, even though her family turned up for the registration, they was forbidden to go the the reception and after party. Kinda sad really, but they just got on with it....

Yeahh its really silly but one of them things. Kinda knew it was gonna happen, just gotta find out what she says now. Hopefully time will change their minds.

Some pics for you lot..

image0195x.jpg

image0194.jpg

image0193v.jpg

image0192.jpg

image0191z.jpg

image0190p.jpg

Ouchhhh! How come there's no blood? Did the bird die???

Thats what i thought?!? Im guessing it did or it was severly hurt. I think it hit another car and then probably died. Just rang autoglass and they said that i have to wait until FRIDAY to get a replacement!!!! :(

oooof, I'm guessing you've cleaned the crud off, I had feathers, guts and bits of leg in my grill afterwards.....horrid.

Whoa lucky escape there I think glad your ok...

I hit a pheasant on the autobahn in an A3 a few years back was doing about 120mph+, hit the lower offside front bumper took the entire foglight with it, not a single scratch or mark on the bodywork however... :(

Flippin heck mate, hope you guys are all ok, I had a swan fly into the side of my A4 when I had it and boy did that shake me up, luckily it just 'bounced off and carried on flying' no damage either way.

As for the missus!! Good luck with that mate, I was in the same situ, different caste and all that, been married 5 years now, everyone gets on, so its all good, time will bring them around dont worry mate. :)

Nilz - Thanks dude! Just alot for me in the past couple of days. Not looking so good so far :( but hopefully time will change things!!

Defer - Thanks dude, and haha its pretty nippy! I've got some good speed out of it :) But that was kinda downhill (shhh dont tell anybody :p)

I have no clue what i hit. Whatever it was it was FAT! Autoglass cant come out until friday unless i get a cancellation! Not gooooood!!

Sounds like it was a Canada Goose. Those are big heavy b**gers!!

Cheers,

jesus christ mate looks like it was hit with a brick

I think your right alistair!! It looks like one of them!! Maybe if i give the feathers to a pro, he might be able to tell me? lol!! Thanks everybody for the kind words! Just shows how strong our windscreens really are!! That windscreen is the age of the car and thinking of how windscreens have advanced - i hope! So if anybody is unlucky enough to have a bluddy turkey to hit their windscreen (which i hope it never happens) then they will be ok!! ;)

Damn Ford build qualtiy....

Not that i can say that, as i've owned an Orion 1.6i Ghia and Fiesta XR2 back in the day....:think:

Glad you're all cool mate.

Good luck with the other stuff also :thumbsup:

Well update, my windscreen has been put in!! :D £65 excess i paid. Had to buy some new wipers aswel, got the bosch twin aero for £21! The car is back in the body shop getting another respray due to reactions to the paint. Hopefully it'll come out looking as it should!! Then its just a wait until the detailing :) Thanks for all your support guys!

good luck with the mother in law to be :slap:

I once hit a bird in Turkey, When i stopped to see what damage it had done, (to my bmw) i found it was still wedged into where one of the kidney grills was meant to be, after pulling the bird out after the 3 hour drive, it was still alive and no harm was done to it, as soon as it was free it flew off as if ****** all had happened, But here is the spooky bit, later that night i was in Izmir city looking for some food, Mc D's etc etc, what do i find down a side road? a smashed BMW with a smashed front and a good gill bit for my car!