Someone from Northern Ireland who is interested in your car

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys!

This issue has come up several times with a few mates of mine who are genuinely interested in purchasing cars in the mainland.

I am from NI and it is a regular thing for NI'ers to come over to the mainland to purchase a car either for themselves or to sell on - reason being, more choice and usually cheaper. Still costs up to £500 on top of what is spent when you include flight, boat and fuel!

However, a friend was telling me last night that he had his second experience of being told "I don't trust you" when he is genuinely interested in the car.

Have any of you guys in the mainland share this same opinion or had dealings with someone from NI interested in your privately sold car?

I am curious as all.

Thanks!

Andrew

Every time I put a car on autotrader... I get a fair few "scammers" from NI and Ireland offering over the advertised price and collection by shipping agent etc.....

So because of that, most people are on their guard straight away.

Not me personally, but my mate who does a bit of wheeling and dealing has dealt with NI buyers before. So long as they call up without a withheld number, I don't see a problem, if it's a real person at the other end. Contacts via email or silly payment methods will look dodgy, CASH is KING! :icon_thumright:

A lot of the time we have to explain that we are part of the UK and english reg number plates are legal over here and that we use sterling! Isn't it obvious???

A lot of the time we have to explain that we are part of the UK and english reg number plates are legal over here and that we use sterling! Isn't it obvious???

I think it's to do with dealing with you guys offshore, people want a quick no hassle deal these days, and waiting for you guys to fly over(even though it's at your expense) is time consuming for your average Joe, if you know what I mean.