at what point do you throw in your keys?

Matt82

Reaction score
petrolbreakdown.jpg

thats the breakdown of the cost of a litre of petrol.

57p a litre goes to duty for the govt. it makes me feel sick when i think about the extent our govt is ripping us off. theyre dipping into your pocket and taking 57p every time you put a litre in your car

that has to be the height of rip off britain. good thing i get reasonable mpg in my cars but i cant beleive nothing is being done about this

Great break down. But please tell me where you're filling up as the Government is getting another 2p around my area.

Takes the biscuit.

i filled up in middlewich on saturday night... and i was in the S4. it wasnt cheap

Try 74p a litre as the VAT goes to the crooks that runs this country. In fairness this is the easiest way for the goverment to try and clear some of the massive debt were in, its also away of making people buy and run efficent "greener" cars.

The price of petrol wouldnt bother me as much if are country wasnt in such a mess. The weak pound doesnt help either.

£1.26 a litre for shell optimax the other night, needless to say i didnt fill the tank to full.

Based on that they are getting more than the 57p in duty, they are also getting the VAT on top of it all... they are charging VAT on their own duty!!!

Showing my age a bit here but I remember when petrol was sold by the gallon... when the government put fuel prices up by 2p etc it was 2p a gallon... now they put it up by 2p a litre which is technically over 4 times as much!!!...

The b*****ds really do have us by the short and curlies... :(

<tuffty/>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using Tesco 99 for sometime now.... £1.23.9 round where I live (gotta love the .9 bit)... when I use 'pay at pump' I have to fill up twice as the £59 limit isn't enough!!!

Glad I have my Mk2 1.3ltr Golf to use during the week now... really is taking the **** and while I appreciate the country is in a bit of a fix, we have gone from around £1 a litre to £1.20 odd a litre in a very short space of time and thats nearly a £1 a gallon.... equate to nearly £10 extra on the average fill up...

*steps off soap box*

<tuffty/>

I have been using Tesco 99 for sometime now.... £1.23.9 round where I live (gotta love the .9 bit)... when I use 'pay at pump' I have to fill up twice as the £59 limit isn't enough!!!

Glad I have my Mk2 1.3ltr Golf to use during the week now... really is taking the **** and while I appreciate the country is in a bit of a fix, we have gone from around £1 a litre to £1.20 odd a litre in a very short space of time and thats nearly a £1 a gallon.... equate to nearly £10 extra on the average fill up...

*steps off soap box*

<tuffty/>

Stroud Tescos is one of the cheapest about which is good for us round here.

Also, adding to your comment of VAT on top of the petrol duty, you also have to pay for the ****** stuff out of taxed income!

Stroud Tescos is one of the cheapest about which is good for us round here.

Also, adding to your comment of VAT on top of the petrol duty, you also have to pay for the ****** stuff out of taxed income!

...Cheltenham has cheaper petrol tbh but never seem to have any Tesco 99... all being used by people that own Range Rovers and Aston Martins of which there are a few in Chelt...

<tuffty/>

It might be cheaper in chelt but by the time you've sat in the traffic jam leading up to the turn off for the tesco garage you've probably used up any saving you've gained from the lower price! :asskicking:

I have a similar issue, a shell in Didsbury is 3p cheaper . . . but is 7 miles away.

edit ok 9.3 miles away.

It might be cheaper in chelt but by the time you've sat in the traffic jam leading up to the turn off for the tesco garage you've probably used up any saving you've gained from the lower price! :asskicking:

word....

<tuffty/>

That is one of the many reasons I hate this fuc*ing country!
Any government we get finds a new way to rape us. And don't give me any of this 'greener' 'more environmentally friendly' bollo*ks either. Money grabbing, pothole non-repairing CU*TS! We should all rebel. Seriously, what would they do if everyone in the UK said "that's enough, we're not buying this anymore... and since we rely on it for transport we're not going to work either."
Makes me very very very angry, and i'm usually a laid back chap.

Won't be long untill Civil War begins IMO.

It's on the horizon, you can only push the people so far.... :eyebrows:

Any government we get finds a new way to rape us. And don't give me any of this 'greener' 'more environmentally friendly' bollo*ks either. Money grabbing, pothole non-repairing CU*TS! We should all rebel. Seriously, what would they do if everyone in the UK said "that's enough, we're not buying this anymore... and since we rely on it for transport we're not going to work either."

absolutely agree, im just really suprised that the UK hasn't hit out at this given the breaking point last time being the £1 barrier (or near as damn it). the thing is you would expect it IF we had an alternative mode of transport which we dont...... sure we have the likes of the Prius which are technically more polutting than a 1950's land rover over its life span!! due to the materials used to make the batteries etc.....

Try 74p a litre as the VAT goes to the crooks that runs this country. In fairness this is the easiest way for the goverment to try and clear some of the massive debt were in, its also away of making people buy and run efficent "greener" cars.

The price of petrol wouldnt bother me as much if are country wasnt in such a mess. The weak pound doesnt help either.

Think you'll find its a small part of the debt...see here ;) http://www.debtbombshell.com/

I think one of the main reasons is to keep inflation going, one of the easiest ways of pushing the cost of goods up is by increasing production/delivery costs, delivery costs are much more easily manipulated by fuel costs, so if they want to make a short term hit on inflation whats the solution? yup you've guessed it....and just so happens to make them money too. Personally i have never rated Labour, they appeal to the masses with easy quick wins and mess up all the good the Tories have done (historically)...... the Tories run this country like a business, Labour run this country by taxing you IMO

The highest I remember petrol being was near the £1.30 mark, I had the R32 then so it wasn't a happy time for me!

It didn't seem too long ago when petrol was 90p a litre, must have been around 6 months ago maybe?

I agree with you 110% i really do, would love to see what happens if we all just said f*ck it were not going to work.

Personally i have never rated Labour, they appeal to the masses with easy quick wins and mess up all the good the Tories have done (historically)...... the Tories run this country like a business, Labour run this country by taxing you IMO

Agree mate - Labour only stand for the lazy scumbags, that pop out chavs, sit on their backsides claiming all their benefits and moaning about the latest front page in the red top/gutter press...

Since these con-artists have been in power they've employed massive amounts of people as civil servants; who's going to vote out the hand that feeds them...?! Same as the scum - They're not going to vote out the people that allow them to breed and rot in their cheap plastic, leather effect reclining sofas are they... And they (Labour) have the audacity to say that they'll stop the scum-bags claiming the rock 'n' roll if they refuse a job - shouldn’t you have been doing this over the last 12 years!!!

I feel better now!

get it all out fella haha...... first thing that the Tories should do when they come to power? shut down Brighthouse 'YOUR' weekly payment store with no credit checks...... OR stop the benefits and force them out of business :)

get it all out fella haha...... first thing that the Tories should do when they come to power? shut down Brighthouse 'YOUR' weekly payment store with no credit checks...... OR stop the benefits and force them out of business :)

:sign_ot: wtf is that thing on your signature?! Strange thing that i can't stop looking at! lol

Well what I find sickening is when we were in Australia last year fuel was around half the price it is here. At the moment with current exchange rates and the weak pound unleaded is approx. 80p and diesel is around 78p!!!! Over there 90% are massive V8s. Seems our country is being bled to death!

Utter Boll0cks!!!

Cant believe we are paying this much for petrol and nothing is being done about it, sure there are petitions and no fuel days planned nearly everyday, but what good will that do, if the government want votes, a sure fire way of getting them is by reducing fuel costs, bring it back to at least a £1 a litre then we are talking, its just ridiculous and beyond a joke now!!!

oh god dont even get me started!!! ^^^most of whats said up there^^^

money robbing fkers!

tesco's 99 is 126.9 at the moment in worcester and has been rising steadily over the last fortnight, was 121.9 literally 14-20 days ago :(
noticed everywhere else seems to be anything from 2-4p cheaper, gordon brown really hates worcester for some reason :think:

we need a revolution! will one happen? no, of course not, everyone moans like f*ck but nothing ever gets done so we will continue to pay through the *** for fuel and the governement (be it labour tories lim dems) will continue to rape us because they can get away with, thats the bottom line really

question how high will fuel prices get before you decide you cant afford to run the cars you love so much any more? for me its £1.50 any more and im getting a moped :)

as for the chavs popping out kids claiming benefits, why mock them? i think they are obviously more intelligent than we are giving them credit for, your average chav with 3 maybe 4 kids can claim more in benefits than the average hard working brit can bring home in a month and all they gotta do is reproduce, whilst we gotta get up early, go to a job we hate, work with people that annoy us, answer to bosses that couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery and generally put up with absolute ***** all day long so we can go home watch the latest episode of lost/eastenders and wait to do it all over again tomorrow

really boils my blood because i hate my job, i hate working but i do it to own things i like :)kissmyrings:) but now i cant even afford the one half decent thing in my life so why bother?

can you tell i had a bad day at work? :gun2:

Last edited:
Utter Boll0cks!!!

Cant believe we are paying this much for petrol and nothing is being done about it, sure there are petitions and no fuel days planned nearly everyday, but what good will that do, if the government want votes, a sure fire way of getting them is by reducing fuel costs, bring it back to at least a £1 a litre then we are talking, its just ridiculous and beyond a joke now!!!

Never going to happen Nilz mate - It's a one way street and we're only at the start...

whilst we gotta get up early, go to a job we hate, work with people that annoy us, answer to bosses that couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery and generally put up with absolute ***** all day long so we can go home watch the latest episode of lost/eastenders and wait to do it all over again tomorrow

really boils my blood because i hate my job, i hate working but i do it to own things i like :)kissmyrings:) but now i cant even afford the one half decent thing in my life so why bother?

can you tell i had a bad day at work? :gun2:

Aw you have had a bad day! Relax, get a massage!!! Maybe you need a new job! :icon_thumright:

I do agree though, its bad when we work so hard, up around 6am and they get it all for free! gggrrr!!!

24 million drivers on british roads if all them voted against labour they would be finished these fuel prices are happening 3 weeks before a general election historicaly a time when the ruling government try to sweeten the pill with bribes so whats going to happen if this lot get another 5 years we have seen nothing yet wait until they put vat up to 20% straight away theres another 3 to 4 pence on a litre we are already taxed to death council tax. income tax .vat. insurance tax.and road tax. vat on essential utilities ie gas water electric armies of parking wardens thats another tax the roads are a f---king disgrace and why is it like this because we accept it and moan on forums like this if you want to change it go out on the sixth of may and use your vote but please dont vote for this shower of sh-te they have had 13 years and now they think they have the answers well i will tell you labours answer tax tax and more tax

Aw you have had a bad day! Relax, get a massage!!! Maybe you need a new job! :icon_thumright:

I do agree though, its bad when we work so hard, up around 6am and they get it all for free! gggrrr!!!

i cant afford a massage, i spent all my pennies on fuel :scared2:

would love a new job but thanks to this goverment there are no jobs at the moment

this whole staying home and making babies thing is sounding really appealing to me now lol

jeremy clarkson made a brilliant point when test driving that tesla electric car that was actually quick, remember?

electric cars are good, no emissions etc but they need to be recharged every 4-5 hours or few hundred miles and where does electricity come from? at which point they show a power station churning out fumes in the atmosphere, thought that was great

and yes we got windfarms dotted around the coasts but did anyone read in the paper yesterday that they have found a fault where they are sinking? lol