Audi S3 information required (original shape)

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
I was under the impression that these ran the Haldex system which is (to the best of my knowledge) a completely mechanical system. I have been told on a nother forum I use that it can be put into FWD just by removing a fuse?

Before I go back and make a prat of myself I thought I would ask inthe place that would give me the right answers. lol

Any idea on th etorque split on these as well?

Cheers in advance Audi peeps

Tis true. It's an electronically controlled mechanical system if that makes sense? If the sensors notice the front wheels spinning they'll initiate the haldex which is mechanical... Not sure which fuse it is though.
IIRC it only sends about a third of the power to the rear.

You'l probably get a better answer posting this in the A3 8L section...

Haldex is basically a clutch mate, and it's electronically operated. The front is connected directly to the engine like any FWD A3, but with quattro models, there's a transfer box that has a prop shaft that goes to the rear permanently. The Haldex is in between the end of this prop shaft and the rear differential. So in theory, 50:50 split between front and rear axles is possible with the Haldex fully engaged, and it's not possible to have a rear biased power split with this setup.

Hope that makes it more clear.