EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Badger 5 Edition

Status

1.8T EVO Annihilator

Not an Audi granted but thought you all would be interested in what can be done to a 1.8t... (by Bill at Badger 5)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    niceness!! id rather the dub than the EVO! all day long!

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPINE View Post
    id rather the dub than the EVO! all day long!
    Agree, especially if the dub beats the evo, as the evo is designed for 1 thing only speed, so if it loses at that, then complete and utter epic fail.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPINE View Post
    niceness!! id rather the dub than the EVO! all day long!
    I'd take the EVO thank you very much, no disrespect to Bill Badgers work, I've seen the Polo in real life, and the engine conversion is very neat and tidy, as if it came from the factory as standard. But the Polo is only quick in a straight line, and I'm sure an EVO with the same sort of money spent on the conversion would have even more power, so horses for courses. Add a few twisties into the equation, I would think the EVO will disappear into the distance in the right hands...

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

Status
    As much as i respect and even like Evo's myself, the build quality of them is below standard. Mate had one a few years ago, thin metal everywhere to save on weight!

Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'd take the EVO thank you very much, no disrespect to Bill Badgers work, I've seen the Polo in real life, and the engine conversion is very neat and tidy, as if it came from the factory as standard. But the Polo is only quick in a straight line, and I'm sure an EVO with the same sort of money spent on the conversion would have even more power, so horses for courses. Add a few twisties into the equation, I would think the EVO will disappear into the distance in the right hands...
    The Polo is a handful granted but by all accounts when the article was being put together at Bruntingthorpe, the Polo was out lapping the EVO during the shoot... EVO was flat out and saw the Polo in the mirror, 10 secs later the Polo was past and off into the distance...

I think you do have a point Jo but would suspect the 'track' would have to be quite suited to the EVO for it to pull ahead as the Polo handles well but has the grunt to pull a decent distance ahead of the EVO which I suspect would be difficult to close in the corners..

The Polo was meant to be a track day car so only time will tell... so far the customer is happy as larry :D

I haven't read the article myself yet but Redline (so I am told) have given it a fair write up..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    The Polo is a handful granted but by all accounts when the article was being put together at Bruntingthorpe, the Polo was out lapping the EVO during the shoot... EVO was flat out and saw the Polo in the mirror, 10 secs later the Polo was past and off into the distance...
    It wouldn't surprise me the Polo can lap Bruntingthorpe fast than the Evo, it has a very long straight that rewards cars with grunt! I was on that track in a SLK AMG32 with 350bhp(0-60 under 5 secs, 0-100 11secs), only thing that overtook me on the straight was a couple of Ariel Atoms, Porsche Twin Turbo(997) and a couple of Porsche GT3's, so was pretty happy with that. This Polo would probably cruise by and wave at me whilst doing it with 200 more horses! lol

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    i agree with the money on the EVO would result in somthing special. But i would most deffo not spend it on a EVO 10! I have driven a 10 and there boring, there fast but have lost the rawness that its predecessors have. (much like the scoobys) not knowing the full spec of the olop its hard to say really.

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

Beer God

Status
    You can chuck a load of money at pretty much any type of car and make it faster than another car, my friends H-Plate stripped out Civic is proof of that...

I'd take the Evo over the Polo regardless of speed.
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Sleeper FTW.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Granted the Polo may not be the ideal platform for this kind of power but its still the same 1.8t base thats in other VAG cars, A3, S3, A4, Passat, Ibiza.... just shows what can be done with a 1.8t based engine...

<tuffty/>

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Everyone expects something from an Evo, no one will ever assume the Polo has 480bhp under the bonnet in a car that barely weighs a ton. The Polo is very un assuming, i like. Not everyone can understand the sleeper aspect, or get why we spend a fortune tuning our cars and not just buying a faster car from the off.

Its more satisfying building something thats not meant to be.....

RIP S3dave

Status
    its quite funny reading this... lol

evo vs polo comparisons make me smile

modded vs std
    polo vs evo

plain vs sporty (expected)

looking to finding the mag in the local shops next week.
    100's of hours in the build, nice to see it make a cover feature.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    its quite funny reading this... lol

evo vs polo comparisons make me smile

modded vs std
    polo vs evo

plain vs sporty (expected)

looking to finding the mag in the local shops next week.
    100's of hours in the build, nice to see it make a cover feature.
    Amusing isn't it Bill, what have you created? lol

On another note, how much money did this conversion cost?, or is it classified??

S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

Status
    Interesting and a cool, intelligent conversion. Had an Evo and for all its drivability positives, as someone else said its build quality is crap. That bothered me more than my liking for the engine. Also, yes, the Polo in a straight line may well piss on the Evo but for laa of us who've owned Evo's, and the rest who've driven them extensively, we know that Evo's go round corners and apply positive/negative traction in a way you have to experience it to believe what you've read. To summarise: most traction controls break the oppostive drive - Evo's speed up the opposite/latteral drive so as you step-out or over-steer the relevamnt wheels speed up to pull you around the corner. Anyway, I'm waffling

M

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Thats it, the EVO can flatter even the most medicore driver with all its driver aids. That Polo and any car od its type takes a driver with a controlled right foot to make it go around corners etc, and driving it would be more rewarding IMHO

I have driven an Evo and found it fast but bland/safe,on the other hand the Lotus Elise was probably slower, but hell it was so fun and rewarding

RIP S3dave

Status
    Amusing isn't it Bill, what have you created? lol

On another note, how much money did this conversion cost?, or is it classified??
    definately classified - hehe

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Interesting and a cool, intelligent conversion. Had an Evo and for all its drivability positives, as someone else said its build quality is crap. That bothered me more than my liking for the engine. Also, yes, the Polo in a straight line may well piss on the Evo but for laa of us who've owned Evo's, and the rest who've driven them extensively, we know that Evo's go round corners and apply positive/negative traction in a way you have to experience it to believe what you've read. To summarise: most traction controls break the oppostive drive - Evo's speed up the opposite/latteral drive so as you step-out or over-steer the relevamnt wheels speed up to pull you around the corner. Anyway, I'm waffling

M
    I seemed to be keeping up with the Evo I was racing against yesterday until my turbo started to dismantle itself..
    they are great out of the box handling cars.. traction to die for..
    thats comparing race car vs racecar @ Castle combe

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    definately classified - hehe
    Fair enough!

6th Gear

Status
    car looks great there bill. i shall be trying to get a copy for a good read
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour