BHP from the logbook?

moorheadbrian

moorheadbrian
Reaction score
Can you tell the BHP of a car from the logbook.

More specifically an '02 audi A4 1.9TDI

I know there are other ways of finding out but i'm just curious as to whether the logbook can tell you

Not from the logbook, AFAIK, but your service schedule can help out.

On the inside front cover (usually), there's a Vehicle Data Sticker - there's also another copy in your boot, inside the spare-wheel well (normally if you're stood looking into the boot it's inside the corner of the well nearest your right knee). Somewhere by the engine code there'll be a power output figure in kW (Kilowatts).

Use a converter (like this one -> http://www.statman.info/conversions/power.html ) to convert to PS (metric horsepower), or BHP etc...

Regards,

Rob.

thanks for the quick reply, just looking at the logbook then the codes beside the titles 'variant' and 'version' will be non-related to bhp?

*edit- just tidying up the spelling

Off the top of my head I'm not certain, but I don't think so - my logbook is about 350 miles away at the moment so can't check I'm afraid!

I suppose you could reverse the calculation to use as a clue... I guess on an '02 the car's a B6, with either 110bhp or 130bhp? I'm not sure they were still peddling the 90bhp, and anything higher than 130bhp on a B6 was a 2.5 (IIRC), not sure about TDI/PD variance either; but for 110bhp you'd be looking for a similar figure in PS (only a couple out), and ~82kW, obviously similar story with 130bhp converted to PS, in kW it's ~97.

Regards,

Rob.