AH FabricationsChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

caliper carriers

hi guys, im after a pair of 323mm caliper carriers for my s3 8l

im downsizing from 355mm 2 piece discs to 323mm one piece discs, only reason im going for 323mm discs is to retain my 6 pot porsche calipers, think 312mm would be too small?!

anyhoo, was wondering if any audis/vw's use 323mm discs as standard and therefore utilise their carriers, have searched hi and low and cant find anything useful

failing that could anyone point me in the direction of a company who could help

thought i would post this in here to get a wider audience, but mods feel free to move as you see fit

thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Only the mk1 LCR uses 323mm disks and Brembo's out the box, but those carriers are designed specifically for the LCR calipers, so probably won't be of any use to you, and they are not cheap neither.

323mm solid disks are approx Ł100+vat each also, why don't you try using Golf4 R32 disks? They are 340mm or there abouts and single piece.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Only the mk1 LCR uses 323mm disks and Brembo's out the box, but those carriers are designed specifically for the LCR calipers, so probably won't be of any use to you, and they are not cheap neither.

323mm solid disks are approx Ł100+vat each also, why don't you try using Golf4 R32 disks? They are 340mm or there abouts and single piece.
    ahhhh, why thank you very much sir!! never even gave the r32 a thought

i shall investigate, hopefully pick up a pair in a scrapyard fairly cheap, stealers will be a rip off, as per normal lol

oh also, when you say about the lcr carriers only for brembo calipers, isnt brembo a supplier to porsche and would, in theory fit my calipers?
    Last edited by jonny87; 15th March 2010 at 00:12.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post

oh also, when you say about the lcr carriers only for brembo calipers, isnt brembo a supplier to porsche and would, in theory fit my calipers?
    Wish it was that easy, each caliper is designed differently, and need correct spacing to match the disk offset, or we would all go out and buy 6 pot calipers, LCR carriers and do the conversion instead of paying Ł2k+ that someone spent to have it fitted on your car.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Wish it was that easy, each caliper is designed differently, and need correct spacing to match the disk offset, or we would all go out and buy 6 pot calipers, LCR carriers and do the conversion instead of paying Ł2k+ that someone spent to have it fitted on your car.
    lol yer, never thought of that!

thanks again for the replies matey