Stolen, S3 2007 Chester area

LDoR

likes his V6
Reaction score
Hi all,

Came home from work today to find that my S3 had been stolen from the drive of my house. They had broken in through the rear patio doors, looked around the house very carefully, found the keys in the office and left. Leaving laptop, Wii, everything.

So i'm asking everyone, if they saw and S3 in or around the Chester area leaving around 1:30 or 2pm please let me know. It's probably on its way to Liverpool or Manchester. The number plate is quite distinctive, it is DA57 AAF.

I'm just glad that i have GAP insurance.

Thanks in advance for if you can help. I'll posting around as many forums as possible.

Feck me anyone gone, sorry to hear this mate, sounds like they'd been watching a while I guess, pro's cause they left everything else any normal theif would have half inched, glad your covered, but still doesnt make up for the feeling of losing the car & 2nd someone in your house huh.

Well, and update for everyone interested.

The car was recovered, in Helsby of all places, abandoned in a residential street. However it was painted black, (Sprint Blue being the original colour) badly).

I've since spoken with the body shop and they seem to think the job will be massive. Every single panel will have to come off, stripped to metal and repainted. Tyres have been shredded, alloys damaged, drivers seat padding colapsed, overspray of black paint on seals, grey plastic in car has been painted black, car has been offroad, trashed inside i.e. dirty with soft dink stains on leather and mud and grit.

I was worried when it was recovered that i was going to have to take it back, however from what i can tell, a write off is more likley. As i don't really want that back after what those scummy gypsies (according to CID) have done to it.

My thinking is, B7 S4 Avant with cash left over to either build a kit car, or create a carpentry workshop to build some furniture for my house. If anybody is thinking of selling theirs, especially if you have sports exhaust and nicer alloys, please let me know and i might be in touch.

Glad you have heard about the car but OMG! What have they done to it????? What are these people like! Helsby too!!! Think you are doing the right thing, get a different car and try to move on. Good luck, hope you fiind yourself a nice example.

Why would anyone do such a thing to your fabulous car :motz:

I hope the write-off happens mate

Current estimates is £11k for repairs from a non audi dealer. Going to get an Audi quote and the same work should cost about £14k. I'll then insist on Audi repairs. Car probably only has market value of £18k - less given its a write off already maybee?

I just wonder at what point the insurers will say "total loss". Anybody have any experience with this? I'm with Admiral.

Isn't it what ever is cheapest? I mean they will have to pay audi for the repairs, and then a courtesy car for you to drive around in until its fixed and other costs to cover your loss etc.. and if that is over the value of the car or whatever your payout would be then they would deem it a total loss. I think im right although i may be missing some details. Thats what happened to me anyhow.