Build yourself a bike...

paddy

Reaction score
Thought this might interest a few here

img006a.jpg

It was a collection of very second hand bits that at one time had been a Verlichi Ducati race bike, i rebuilt it in a studio flat :no:....

img003a.jpg

img001a.jpg

img002a.jpg

img005a.jpg

img007a.jpg

img008a.jpg

img004a.jpg

Ducati_NCR.jpg

For the technical minded it was bored to 1100cc with bored out 42mm carbs, ca complete external oil feed system and twin plug heads and so on. the frame was super light chrome molly. I had to make a complete wiring loom as well as all the electrical fittings and the Oil filter ( from a mini) unit that fed the external feeds

And no it didnt fit out the door....:crying:

Last edited:
As that man said, that's an awesome job, and even more impressive with the facilities!

I guess that was either a few years ago, or your flat was a shrine to the 80's ;)

To Quote the terminator ( SAY THATS A NICE BIKE ) lol. well done butty very nice

Oh and i forgot to ask you said you built it IN A FLAT, how on earth did you get it out lol

So go on then, how much did you have to dis assemble it to get it back out? LOL

Great work there !!

Well done dude, and for my next trick???

Any plans for another project???

To get it out i took the rear mudgaurd off and the front wheel and wheeled it out in a vertical position on the back wheel.

and yes Pete it was not the 80s but mid 90s done a few more since then

As you asked...a few more of my builds, all were wrecks

Jota.jpg

750ss_2.jpg

PaddysSS002.jpg

Desmo1.jpg

900ss_1.jpg

Last edited:
Mate that is some nice work and great results. Are the ones inside on show or when they were up for sale?

They were just on show at a friends shop, the silver and blue one is for sale now at the shop though. i dont build these anymore..been there done that :) plus the costs have rocketed. the 750SS in pic 2 would cost around £70k as it is and a wreck would be £40k ! so its all gone a bit daft now.
Cheers :)

Cool work.

Never really been into bikes but think that Ducatti do some stunning kit that have a definate look of their own.