NOW THIS IS A SLEEPER!!!!!!!!

I have met the owner a few month back in Ace Cafe.. nice but would have made more sense if it was an a4 or a6 conversion not a vw!

Seen that for sale on ed38! Sleeper, but looks *****...
Im with Jo Jo on this one.
It looks far from "*****", It looks like a tidy passat. Thats the point with that type of car.
As for the it being a VW, Scratch off the nice 4 rings and most of us could be driving a skoda or seat !

Isn't Syncro the VW equivilant of Quattro so it's 4 wheel drive too ???? imagine the fun though.... would love to have the time and money to do something like that

sleepers ftw!!

i like this, nothing would give me greater pleasure than blowing 99% of anything that wanted a go off the lights in a standard looking, roughed up 't' reg passat

i would have to get a camera in the rear windscreen so i could record the look on peoples faces as i left them standing lol

Yeah, but look at how uncontrollable is it ?!?

I bet that Passat is as set and planted as an RS4, not some crappy box top van with a lairy V8 in it that you can't go anywhere in.

It was a bit tongue in cheek.. it's obviously one of the most impractical sleepers you could build but good fun on the 1/4 mile.

I remember seeing a really ratty Mk2 Transit at the NSRA Nostalgia Nationals one year, it was absolutely silent as it rolled past the stands and we all thought it was a pit/break down wagon.

Then it pulled up to the line and with no drama or massive burnouts it did a 8 second quarter, and it made so little noise that nobody turned round to watch it ! haha

I remember seeing a really ratty Mk2 Transit at the NSRA Nostalgia Nationals one year, it was absolutely silent as it rolled past the stands and we all thought it was a pit/break down wagon.

Then it pulled up to the line and with no drama or massive burnouts it did a 8 second quarter, and it made so little noise that nobody turned round to watch it ! haha

Ha ha excellent.. did you ever find out what engine it was running?

Seen that a few times and saw it for sale a while ago on ed38, love it!!

Would love to be in that, scaring a few people off the streets.

I remember years ago, my mate had a tatty B reg Vauxhall Cavalier Hatchback, rust all over it, looked crap, but it had a full GSI2000 engine conversion, and it was wicked to see it fly past a few decent cars that were around back then.

Yea thats a sleeper and a half! 'Officer, How could my car go 170MPH? Its a clapped out Passat?' :)

Ha ha excellent.. did you ever find out what engine it was running?

It was running a twin turbo'd LS1, it's still on the scene but its running a Turbo Technics converted Rover V8 now and is very loud !

well N8 thanx for your comment but it might look like **** but guess what ive left it parked in carparks and in public places and no need to worry as no one pays it attention, where my friend that has a lovely rs4 worries every time where ever he parks it even at home incase they break in for the keys.

S3K04 reason i didnt buy a s4 in the first place is that the rear leg room is ****!!!! and i am not a big fan of the A6 to be honest and this was perfect size (passats are smaller than a A6 by 8cms). Even thou it is called a Passat Syncro or 4 motion it not really it is more like a A6 quattro under it all. I am running all the quattro stuff with RS6 coilovers etc and it handles just as well as any RS I have driven or been in. Even Doug at MRC compliments it on its handling :)

otherwise guys thank you very much i am the very proud owner of the passat and it is a true awesome beast ;) a e36 m3 last week could not understand how i made him look like a 1L micra the look on his face was priceless :)

Another added benifit as mentioned above is that giving it some one day come round a corner and the police was waiting for a sports car of some sort to appear ;) i went past them no more the wiser, hiding the exhaust was the best thing i ever did lol. but then one day going up the A10 to Ware traffic cops pulled me as the car didn't look or sound normal, I wasn't breaking any laws or anything, i just think they wanted to see it under the bonnet as they had a list of all the mods declared and couldnt believe it. Some times these guys are really nice and as much of a petrol heads as us.

Except for a few of MRC tuned cars i.e. over 500bhp and a couple of bikes i still haven't found anything that gives me to much hassel ;)

if you have any questions let me know :) but thanx for the kind words.

Last edited: