Child Car Seats

Good 2 B A Gooner

Reaction score
Need a new Car-Seat for the little man.

We currently have a MaxiCosi 0+ with IsoFix, but now need a stage 1 (12 months to 4 years)

Is it worth getting IsoFix again, as it won't be coming in and out of the car all the time - We've looked at the MaxiCosi Priofix and the Recaro Young Expert.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Priofix, my bro in law has just got this, but the non isofix one, he is very impressed with it, we will probably be going for one of these pretty soon too, but will probably just go for the Isofix one, as its just so much easier.

I would like a Recaro one just coz 'it will match the seats in the S3' LOL ;)

there are new iso fix that send the pressure down as well as forward, I think mothercare have info on them.

I was actually told not to get a iso fix as the non iso fix come out better in tests as the seat belt giving slightly cussions the impact where as iso transfer it straight to the child. That was 2 years ago so don`t know if things have changed.

I got a maxi cosi one

I've had two maxi-cosi priory's and would highly recommend them!

Have a great recline to make the little ones comfy if they fall asleep on a long journey:yahoo:

We bought a KIDDY INFINITI PRO which I would recommend. Costs about £150, so a bit less than Isofix, but there is a brilliant video on their site HERE which illustrates how the safety restraint works.

KID_41430IPE77.gif

WOW James, that seat looks awesome man!!!

Havent seen the vid as im at work at the mo, but that looks like one hell of a seat.

Thanks guys for the replys :anbet:

We're leaning towards the MaxiCosi - Allthough i love the look of the Recaro....!

Has anyone seen this; http://rearfacing.co.uk/

Now i'm realy confused... Surely this should be law as it is in Sweden?

I agree that does look like one hell of a seat

WOW James, that seat looks awesome man!!!

Havent seen the vid as im at work at the mo, but that looks like one hell of a seat.

It is good. My wife to her fairness did lots of research, and this won numerous Which awards I think, EDIT report HERE. When I first saw it I wasnt sure about the bolster across baby's front - but in fact it looks really comfortable for her, and my daughter loves it as she can rest her hands on it etc. As soon as I lift her into the seat she points at the bolster until it's in place!

Isofix aren't any safer 'per se' than a conventional child seat which is fitted correctly. The main benefit of Isofix is that it's virtually impossible to fit the seat incorrectly, as a high percentage of seats are fitted unsafely apparently. This seat gets around this as the baby is held in by the seatbelt so it's virtually impossible to fit it wrongly. Isofix can be very heavy too, this seat is 5.2KG, whereas the Priorifix is 13.9KG!! If you take the seat in and out much this light weight is a godsend!

Last edited:
we have a recaro in our skyline and i would never ever buy another one... our daughter can climb out of it ! its ok for occasional use but thats it. i had a maxi cosi with my son and have another one for my daughter... imo they are miles ahead :)

Bought the new seat yesterday and after reading up on this http://rearfacing.co.uk/ it had to be rear facing again.

There's a few places around that stock and fit the rear facing seats for you - Our first choice was a BeSafe isofix, but even though we have an A4 Avant, it made the front passenger seat redundent..!
We went for a Britax Multi-Tech, as it's rear facing (Though it can be used as a front facing seat also) and lasts until a booster seat time.

Not cheap though - £250! Ouch....

Thanks for all your replys guys.

Cheers,

Gary.