Audi accident & repair Hillington Glasgow

kempus

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Anyone had the unfortunate use of the above and what did you think? Some numpty slid into me in the snow and so now I need a new front wing poss bumper.

My insurance company use an Audi/VW approved repair centre but as the car is less than a year old I'd rather it went back to Audi.

Any comments??

Kempus

Sorry to hear that mate. I can't comment on the body shop, but as they're Audi approved if they do a shoddy job (like what I had at an approved repair centre) it's pretty easy to get Audi UK involved and from my experience things get sorted fairly quickly then, so even if you don't hear off anyone who's used them and they do a terrible job, they won't get away with it. ;) Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply Scott.

Sorry meant to say that the said repair centre is not the one which my insurance company uses but is the one my Audi dealer uses. My insurers are happy for me to send the car where I want but they would require one of their engineers to inspect the car first before any work was carried out where as the shop the insurers the work can begin without an inspection.
One of the other reasons of going back to Audi would be for a courtesy car which is not part of my insurance.

Kempus

Oh just found out the numpty is denying liability of hitting a stationary vehicle. This is gonna drag on I think

Yes, in the event of a claim, you can insist on your own chosen bodyshop to carry out the work, never use an insurance approved one, there's always come back from my experience!

When a guy slid into my car when it was parked at a petrol station he started tying to deny liability stating that it was the stations fault for not gritting the forecourt to prevent ice.

I would highly reccommend this company Accident Exchange: http://www.accidentexchange.com

They work with with various repair centres throughout the UK to help people who have been involved in a non fault accident, I found out about them through my local paint shop Dandreas.
Dandrea's do an amazing job and the price they charge reflects this, i have used them for various cars in the past. They also painted my dad's restored Triumph Tr6 and the finish was one of the best i have seen, we wont use anywhere else.

Basically i told Dandrea's the situation and they told me about Accident Exchange, they phoned them up told them the story. They booked my car in the next day, gave me a courtesy car to the same value as my car (brand new mini cooper as i was 20 at the time and they couldnt insure me on anything else lol) and my car was back within 3 days all courtesy of Accident Exchange.

Davie

When a guy slid into my car when it was parked at a petrol station he started tying to deny liability stating that it was the stations fault for not gritting the forecourt to prevent ice.

I would highly reccommend this company Accident Exchange: http://www.accidentexchange.com

They work with with various repair centres throughout the UK to help people who have been involved in a non fault accident, I found out about them through my local paint shop Dandreas.
Dandrea's do an amazing job and the price they charge reflects this, i have used them for various cars in the past. They also painted my dad's restored Triumph Tr6 and the finish was one of the best i have seen, we wont use anywhere else.

Basically i told Dandrea's the situation and they told me about Accident Exchange, they phoned them up told them the story. They booked my car in the next day, gave me a courtesy car to the same value as my car (brand new mini cooper as i was 20 at the time and they couldnt insure me on anything else lol) and my car was back within 3 days all courtesy of Accident Exchange.

Davie

Did your S3 trims not get fitted at Audi accident & repair Hillington Glasgow m8???

Hi folks!

Anyone had the unfortunate use of the above and what did you think? Some numpty slid into me in the snow and so now I need a new front wing poss bumper.

My insurance company use an Audi/VW approved repair centre but as the car is less than a year old I'd rather it went back to Audi.

Any comments??

Kempus

I have used official Audi repair centre , Hillington, to fix a kerbed front alloy and they were excellent. Also my mate staved the door of his 2 year old TT and they did a cracking repair job. I would have no qualms about using them to be honest. Aluminium approved repairers as well

Hi all!

Cheers for the replies. I have already been incontact with the accident exchange but they said they were unable to help as the claim is in dispute. I'll let you into what happened as when i was stationary it was because I knew there was no way this guy was stopping so I stopped and hoped for the best.

Basically, single track road, blind corner, snow and ice on the road. Was travelling to see inlaws so missus and daughter in the car doing less than 10mph as the conditions were pants, my car is fwd and has low profile tyres so need to go slow just in order to keep it in a straight line. Coming up to the bend the guy came round the corner at pace. I put the barakes on ABS kicked in and I tried to turn to the left but had stopped before I did any real turn leaving me still in the tracks in the snow at the same time saying to the missus was he's going far to fast to stop. Funnily enough the back started to try and overtake the front, luckily he drifted to his left and his car hit my wing side on.

Now had to move my car back as it was against his drivers door with snow bank at his passangers so he could get out. I said goning a bit fast there and he siad "bit late for my work but was only doing 25 which is what I normally do"

My jaw dropped!

Anywho its his word against mine so gonna drag on however, in Scotland any passangers ie my missus can be used as a witness appareantly (insurance company advised me). Fingers crossed.

Some pics to show the conditions, my 3ft skid marks at the bottom of the first pic with the little turn at the end, his going under the car and can just be seen behind it and of course a blind corner you can take at 25!!

I know it wont mean much to folk but I'm just ****** of he's denying liability!

17078_271976855147_693965147_5061456_2500303_n.jpg

17078_271976850147_693965147_5061455_5272998_n.jpg

Make sure it goes to and Audi approved body shop. You can wave good by to your anti- Corrosion warrenty if not.

i've had 2 bumps in my A4, first was when i hit a fox when driving past edinburgh airport. i wiped out the entire front bumper, all 3 grilles, 1 fog lamp and the 2nd time a shogun drove into the side of the car atthe osf corner, meaning a new bumper again, fog lamp, but also headlamp & corner of the bonet fixed.
both times i took it to hillington to get fixed. the repairs totalled £1400 for the first accident, the 2nd was over £7k (due to me getting a nice new A4 courtesy which bumped (pardon the pun) up the repair.

the guys are very professional and notice EVERY mark on the car. they even noticed a couple of contamination spots in one of my window tints, which i hadn't. the car was returned fully valeted and the jobs are great. you would never know if had been involved in a bump. the 2nd time, i honestly thought the bonet was going to need replacing, but they managed to fix it. the cost is obviously down to them ripping the insurance companies. thank god i have protected no claims!!!

the 2nd time i went through audi assistance which i think is the same as accident exchange....

Hi foks!

Thanks for the replies. Got an estimate today for £1200. Unfortunately they have no courtesy cars until 25th of Jan which wouldnt normally be a problem but going skiing on Sunday and due to some genius thinking, i'm flying out of Gatwick. If my connecting flight on Sat is cancelled gonna have to drive down so need a car. If the flight actually goes on Sun, well we shall see.

Joy!

Kempus