Go karts?

emery1990

Reaction score
Any one on here built a go kart or have any experience.

just wandering,

If you was to buy a 200 cc go kart, could you get a bigger engine that could just a straight swap, say a 390cc? Or how much does it cost to say buy a go kart minus an engine then put an engine in it ?

Would go on a go kart forum but been looking for a while and haven't found anything.

I could probably ask my mate for you if you don't get any replies here as he does karting, has his own kart etc

seen that before a while ago, same time as the hayabusa smartcar.

Looks uncontrollable!

hi, i guess you saying 200cc and 390cc you are after a Honda 4 stroke engine pro kart?

You could, if you get a pro kart chassis you can fit any Honda engine to it 160, 200, 390cc.

Have you thought of a two stoke kart? its a lot faster. i have got a water cooled rotax 125 on a techno chassis. More maintenance than a 4 stroke but quicker and more fun IMO.

Its a lot cheaper to buy a used kart as one than try to put one together from parts.

Heres some forums for you. karting.co.uk karting1.co.uk :beerchug:

My mate had a rotax max and that thing was rapid. When you hit the power band it was off.

thanks for the replys. I was always looking at second hand. never knew 2 stroke was faster always thought 4 stroke was for some reason. Ill look on them forums.

My mate had a rotax max and that thing was rapid. When you hit the power band it was off.

Yeah my rotax max has nearly as good power to weight ratio as my (old) chipped S3 running around 265bhp!

Car ~176.6 bhp/ton

Kart ~166.6 bhp/ton

deffo get a 2 stroker they are the boy min,as for people saying they are more maintenince ,i wldnt really say so ,i race motocross and quad cross with 2 strokers i wld say the 4 strokers are always in the guts of there bike more,
2 strokes are a piece of cake to work on and are cheap for parts,you pretty much need double the cc to keep up with the 2 stroke if u buy a 4 banger,well it works that way with bikes i race my 250 against 450s its pretty equal then
all in all the 2 stroke is best bang for ure buck lighter ,faster ,cheaper to run/maintain

i only say more maintenance as in the 2 stroke kart engine needs rebuilding anywhere from a few hours to around 50 hours depending on what engine. where as 4 strokes dont AFAIK