Help me get into motorcycles

HTC

Reaction score
Website
www.b3ta.com
I want to get a motorcycle. I'm a complete newbie to all things bike related. I'm looking to pass my test soon and I need some help on what which bike to choose.

I don't want a jap racing mobile. I'm into classic single or v twin cylinder stuff. Down and dirty tattoo style and all that. Needs to be noisy and thump.

Willing to grab an old broken thing and build it up as part of the learning process. Or maybe a modern bike that looks old if you see what I mean.

Anybody know of some good websites or forums to start reading through.

Thanks.

2699297855_b5e87470a1.jpg

Last edited:
I used to race twins in the KRC Endurance, you just cant beat it.

Had a go on a Busa in france, saw 210 mph on the clock. came back down to 100 mph and it felt like i could get off and walk lol.

hmmmm the guy on the gold Bus seems to have an idea about rear end drifting :yes:

I have given up on bikes...30 years on them and still alive so i got out while i was winning. started on a 1976 ducati 900SS ( still got it) and finished on a 2006 R1.

Once riding a bike, you'd change drastically as a driver. At least I did.

I started to notice things that I've never bothered on a bike before. In a country like Malaysia, you'd start to notice where bikers need to stop, where they come out or merge into bike lanes, how they need to move about and their requirements (vision, lane space, stopping distance) as a biker on the predominantly car lanes.

When you are on a bike and do not want to get killed, you'd think of how the cars should accommodate your presence on the road, and somehow, that is something you rarely notice when driving a car only.

Maybe I'm not making sense to most drivers here, but at least that is what I experienced after my first bike ride onto a busy street. I was scared and afraid, not even sure if I could reach home without getting hit.

So, just get a bike and try it out, if not for the experience.