DVD Nav question

lil_coz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Quick question. A few months ago I tried ejecting the DVD in my RNS-E but it wouldn't have it. The other day I took a car for a test drive and I thought I'd get Audi to have a look at it whilst I was in. They told me that it's programmed so that the DVD doesn't come out to stop people breaking into cars and stealing the DVD's. So I asked them to re-programme it for me so that I can eject the DVD.

When I got back in the car, they already ejected the DVD for me and left it in its case on the passenger seat. So I popped it back in to get my Nav back up and running. When I got home, I thought I'd try and eject it to see if I could. Nope! :banghead:

So my question is, can you only eject the DVD using VAGCOM or can it be re-programmed so that I can eject it when I want?

And on a similar note, I seem to remember reading a thread a while ago about someone on here that sells updated maps. Mine is a couple of years old now and quite fancy updating it but don't want to pay Audi silly money for something that costs them close to f all. :)

Does it?! :confused: In which case there are no wires between my eject button and the DVD in my car! Does anyone else's eject? Or not...

Oh yeah that'll be it. The Audi fools should have offered you the choice!

Hmmm.... Next time I'm up there I'll get them to switch off the stupid anti theft thing. Not that it makes any difference but I want to be able to eject the damn thing when I want to!