New Porsche 911(PDK)

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Just got my copy of Autocar through the post today, the new Porsche 911 Turbo PDK(Auto basically) does 0-60 in 3.2 secs with this gearbox and launch control, that's the same as an McLaren F1! WOW!! 0-100 in 7.1 secs, which is 0.3 secs behind the Macca F1, but still awesome stats from a road going Porsche!

I WANT ONE! :)

I just happen to no somebody who has one on order, cant wait for a ride init :)

I told yer, they're all going auto.

Saw one of those Panamania things the other day, butt ugly! :)

Saw one of those Panamania things the other day, butt ugly! :)

:puke::puke::puke:

I know/grudgingly accept that such gearbags are the future :beee:

In this case, I'd opt for one with a clutch pedal. I haven't had a Porsche yet (not mentioning that broken 924) so for my first one I'd want all the pedals and a gearstick that goes side-to-side as well and no funny spoons on the steering wheel. I love driving auto (with wood trim) but I'm not quite at the stage where I fancy an automatic sports car :uhm:

:puke::puke::puke:

I know/grudgingly accept that such gearbags are the future :beee:

In this case, I'd opt for one with a clutch pedal. I haven't had a Porsche yet (not mentioning that broken 924) so for my first one I'd want all the pedals and a gearstick that goes side-to-side as well and no funny spoons on the steering wheel. I love driving auto (with wood trim) but I'm not quite at the stage where I fancy an automatic sports car :uhm:

The Porsche PDK is a dual-clutch type gearbox similar to the Audi S-tronic or DSG. It is not a normal 'automatic' as such. It is possible to drive in a very similar manner to a manual but without have to keep pushing a clutch pedal every time you want to change gear.

It is possible to drive in a very similar manner to a manual but without have to keep pushing a clutch pedal every time you want to change gear.

Dave, for me, the whole manual experience includes the control you get from the clutch pedal, and being mechanically enabled to select gears with the old stick thing.

This technological progress is all very marvellous and everything but for 100% communication with your wagen you need that 3rd pedal. I'm not saying I'm right because there is no right or wrong, but I'm a young old fart who very much likes the 'traditional' autobox and slush converter on his car, and if I was going to get a Porsche, assuming I still had all my limbs, would have to be a manual.

I'd like a plain Carrera 2 in dark green please, manual, those new wheels that look a bit like big Minilites, the limited slip diff, plain black interior with wood trim.

Some (most) of you will undoubtedly be :puke: about that, but I like what I like, 5 door 1 series driver n' everything :whistle2:

Dave, for me, the whole manual experience includes the control you get from the clutch pedal, and being mechanically enabled to select gears with the old stick thing.

This technological progress is all very marvellous and everything but for 100% communication with your wagen you need that 3rd pedal. I'm not saying I'm right because there is no right or wrong, but I'm a young old fart who very much likes the 'traditional' autobox and slush converter on his car, and if I was going to get a Porsche, assuming I still had all my limbs, would have to be a manual.

I'd like a plain Carrera 2 in dark green please, manual, those new wheels that look a bit like big Minilites, the limited slip diff, plain black interior with wood trim.

Some (most) of you will undoubtedly be :puke: about that, but I like what I like, 5 door 1 series driver n' everything :whistle2:

Well each to his own as they say. Personally I have owned 23 cars since I was 18 and 15 of them were manuals. But having driven with a DSG I would never ever want a manual again. I drive my DSG as a manual all the time but without having to use the clutch pedal and really enjoy it. No doubt I would enjoy driving a 911 PDK in the same way.