Bargain SD cards for RNS-E sat navs

skegby

Reaction score
I've been scouring t'internet for cheap SD cards to get some MP3 tuneage on my new RNS-E and have found that standard SD (rather than SDHC) are hard to find! However i've found two suppliers with special offers on 2GB cards right now:

Transcend 2GB @£9.99 - Maplin online store - free delivery over £35
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=345504

Kingston 2GB @ £9.99 - Clas Ohlson stores in Kingston, Manchester, Croydon, Watford & Reading.
http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=98197921

A word of warning, don't buy the 4GB ones off Tradeport through Amazon as they never arrive and you have to claim your money back through Amazon!

Last edited:
:icon_thumright:

The only place I would never buy flash memory from is ebay. There are people who are still allowed to sell fake SD/SDHC cards, USB flash drives etc despite complaints and growing awareness. The fakes are not as advertised and they will corrupt data.

Last edited:
I'm sure I got those 2GB ones from Amazon for £2 delivered or something stupid.

I ordered an 8gb Kingston SDHC Class 6 off mymemory last week, i got confirmation that it has been dispatched via email and even a text, but its been a week now and I still haven't had it!!!

Whats the max size an RNS-E unit will support in each slot?
Thanks
Dan

I ordered an 8gb Kingston SDHC Class 6 off mymemory last week, i got confirmation that it has been dispatched via email and even a text, but its been a week now and I still haven't had it!!!

That can only be the post then Nilzy, the longest anything has ever taken from them for me has been 3 days! Best was I ordered at 15:30 and it dropped throught the door 15 hours later!!

I stick to 2 gig, some 4 gigs work apparently but not worth the hassle, i got a 4 pack of 2 gig's from mymemory for 12 quid delivered!!!

Hmmm, well i did ring them and they said ew cannot make a claim until its been 14 days!!!

I have however had other packages and post come through so am hoping its here soon :)

I ordered some 2gb ones, hopefully they make it here before Christmas!

Its all good in the hood, the memory card came through today :)

LOL....mate i only have the one card and thats just going to stay in the camera...lol

Thanks
Dan
RNS-E will hand SD cards only, not SDHC, so 4Gb IF yo ubuy the SD version.... normally 2Gb is the max.... and you'll hit a limit where the file system can only read the first 400 (I think!) "items"... so if you put more files / folders on than that, they won't be read....