3M Carbon Fibre Wrapping

Irish EK

Reaction score
when i purchased my car back in june of this year, the one thing that was annoying me about it was all the scratches on the interior brushed aluminium trim. a lady owned the car before me, and all the driver door trim was destroyed in ring, bracelet and watch scratches, and down by the gear stick you could just imagine all the bunches of keys being thrown onto it. it really did take away from an otherwise spotless interior. i priced replacement parts, but Audi wanted 65 euro for the trim around the ashtray???! &all the second hand parts on ebay were in a similar conditon. i have always liked the carbon fibre trim in the S and RS models too, but again, FAR too expensive. while researching this online, i stumbled accross 3M Di Noc Carbon Fibre Wrap. its basically a textured mouldable film, with a carbon fibre design on it. it looked good so i thought i would try it. it arrived in the post this morning, and rather than launch straight into the very visible parts of the car, i thought id start with and practice on the rear ashtray. it took a bit of time, but im very happy with it. gonna take my time and get the rest of the interior done right. i will post pics as progress goes. what do ye think??!

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0634.jpg

DSCF0635.jpg

DSCF0640.jpg

DSCF0643.jpg

DSCF0644.jpg

Last edited:
looks good mate once you get the rest of the trim done it will be nice !!

@kite: it sticks on. you peel off the back and just place it on the item to be covered. some surfaces need to be primed first, eg porous surfaces, but other than that its self sticky. it can be heated aswell so you can mould it around corners and keep it smooth.

3M do hundreds of different versions of this aswell. Everything from Carbon fibre film, to various wood patterns and just plain films. its pretty good stuff, and seeing as you can get the entire interior trim covered for less than 80 euro you cant go wrong.

looks good mate once you get the rest of the trim done it will be nice !!

thanks 10blazin. i will do the rest of the interior over the next few days and will post up pics. just have to figure out how to remove some pieces first!! :uhm:

Thanks for that, I have some door pulls that could do with a covering....

Thanks for that, I have some door pulls that could do with a covering....

no prob. i found a site that did some free samples of it before i ordered it. just add in the message box what sample you would like (carbon fibre / wood etc)
http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/porta...Home/ProductsInAction/Int-Decoration/Request/

liked the sample so i ordered it from this site from germany: http://www.foliencenter24.com/ . ordered it monday night and it arrived thursday morning!

ok so i got around to wrapping the trim around the gearstick and the front ashtray yesterday. i didnt take any before pictures, but ye know what they look like (just imagine them really scratched!).....

DSCF0649.jpg

DSCF0645.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

DSCF0651.jpg

DSCF0652.jpg

just the door and dash trims to do now!

I like that lot.... how easy was it... what did you use as a primer....?