Piggin Ford... Piggin Cmax...

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
04 CMAX - 2.0tdci
To date.

new EGR 18 months ago, now goosed and getting replaced again.
Fusebox woes which result in loss of reversing lights, parking sensors and rear numberplate lights.
Fuel rail sensor knackered, which, as it's embedded in the rail requires a whole new rail.+

Anyway,
The car went in with a knackered EGR valve, i'd been running it with this disconnected and then I lost all power / boost (on an overtake - eek!) as the car went into limp mode. Codes thrown were the EGR and the Fuel rail pressure sensor.
The mech at ford hoped that the EGR fix would sort out the fuel rail sensor problem. It didn't. I was advised that as it wasn't a warranty fix they could just replace the fuel rail (they cant just replace the sensor, aledgedly, as it's embeded in the rail).. with out changing the pressure pipes to the injectors. I got a call this morning saying that the rail had arrived but would not fit the old pipes to the injectors, different pressure fitting... why the hell would they not know this from the part description or not have an older part design to fit older engines? And tbh I don't believe that you can't just get the sensor....
I recently had to fix the cruise control on my MKIII Mondeo.. The cable had perished and wouldn't return leaving the thottle open. Upon contact Ford they said it would be a whole CC system incl. speed sensor and the cable wasn't available separately. Upon getting help from the MEG forum I got the part number, ordered the part from ford and fitted it in 20 mins....
As it is, we're waiting to here is the car is ready to go.

Whilst try to contact the Evan Halshaw near us regarding the work on the car, the contact centre which directs the calls failed to get numerous messages to the workshop to authorise the EGR work which resulted in a day lost on working on the car. This left me and the missus going down late thursday night to demand a courtesy car. It wasn't until I used the 'Complaint' word that I found out that 1) I was dealing with the contact centre and not the actual garage itself 2) That they could contact the workshop manager directly by email to raise my questions and get an answer. I was contact within 1 hr by the mech. who was working on my car.

I've decided to contact Ford regarding all these matters:
Failure of an EGR valve less that 18months old.
Inaccurate / unsuitable part information in regards to the Fuel rail resulting in further delay and expence at my cost.
Insufficient regard and bad practice regarding customer care and the phone calls made resulting in delay and cost again at my expence and probably a degree of stress on both sides regarding the failure of communication.

I'll also be contact VOSA regarding the EGR and fuel rail issues. I don't expect much come back on any of these matters but I'll be damned if I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about this.

In all I think the car is great; looks, driving characteristics, power from the 136hp tdci..cracking car. Just a shame it's not made by a company that have better customer relation standards and better build quality.