S5/RS5

NeilM

Reaction score
Hi all, newboy here, (be gentle with me :think:).

I've been thinking about an S5 but have seen footage and talk of an upcoming RS5 soon, been to Audi dealers (Stansted, Essex) and they say the RS wont be on sale for another year or two !! anyone know anything about dates.

I drive an Edition 30 Gti (Limited edition, S3 engine) and remember asking a VW dealer when the order books were open and he knew nothing about them either :crying:. Dont these salesmen read magazines?

Hope to move up to an Audi as I think my mid life crisis (White Gti, 320bhp, Carbon Bonnet etc) is over. :icon_thumright:

No idea when the RS5 will be out but I'd love an S5 :hubbahubba:

I recently asked the dealer (Teesside) when/if an RS3 was going to be available to order. The sales manager said that he thought they were doing the RS5 first...

But I really don't think they have a clue! Having said that, they were quite happy to take my details for when the RS3 is available, so maybe they know more than they let on?

RS3 would be my other choice, would they also be V8 :icon_thumright:

I've had 2 Mk5 Gti's now and I feel it's my duty as a bit of a petrol head to own a V8 before its to late and turbo's take over. :thumbsup:

RS3 would be my other choice, would they also be V8 :icon_thumright:

With the RSTT model sporting a turbocharged 2.5 5 pot, it's only natural to drop the same unit into an S3/Sportback shell and call it an RS3, plus there will be very little engineering required, it's all there!

Of course we have to also remember that the RS arm of Audi usually only have one RS model on sale, so the next one will be when the RSTT goes out of production.

But they currently have the TT-RS AND the RS6 so I think they've dropped that plan Joe.

yeh there's no getting away from how practical and turbo's are aswell, I have a Revo stage 2+ on my Edition 30, 320bhp (230hp as standard) and have still seen 40mpg, would have to consider an RS3, and its 4WD.

Perhaps I'm not over my mid life crisis after all :huh:

I did say usually. :moa:

Well yes okaaaaay! lol From what a lot of people have said they ONLY ever had 1 model at a time as a rule. Perhaps it's now 2 because I think an RS5 would sell like hotcakes. Turbocharged V8 I hope :rock:

Hi all, newboy here, (be gentle with me :think:).

I've been thinking about an S5 but have seen footage and talk of an upcoming RS5 soon, been to Audi dealers (Stansted, Essex) and they say the RS wont be on sale for another year or two !! anyone know anything about dates.

I drive an Edition 30 Gti (Limited edition, S3 engine) and remember asking a VW dealer when the order books were open and he knew nothing about them either :crying:. Dont these salesmen read magazines?

Hope to move up to an Audi as I think my mid life crisis (White Gti, 320bhp, Carbon Bonnet etc) is over. :icon_thumright:

I use Stansted and I TOLD THEM about when the 2010 A4 was being released.

It's often not the salemans fault. They're often simply the last to get the communications which is bad but it's hard to blame the actual sales guy.

It's VERY easy to blame the salesman as they generally don't know much about the cars they're selling. I know the things I do through learning off my own back, they could easily do the very same. PLUS they could get inside information which even if they don't get informed directly I dare say they could find out by simply asking the right questions to the right people, a luxury we don't have.

The worst example I have come across was when I was looking to buy my S3. The saleman asked me the power output, I told him and he said "That must be terrible for torque steer" er....no. He didn't have a clue.

I feel sorry for anyone buying a new car (not just Audis I bet) who doesn't know a lot about them as they'd probably end up with extras they don't want or need.