JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    8L > 8P > 8V

Status

Possible Problem Buying Car

I went to view an A3 last week. We agreed on a price of Ł2350, and as an exhaust hanger and the fan temperature sensor was in need of a replacement, the guy who is selling me the car said he had a quote for Ł80, and he would pay that before I picked the car up. I put down a Ł200 deposit and told him I'd get the rest of the cash within a week.

However, I have recieved a call today and he said the car had been into the garage. He said they have replaced the following:

Thermostat
    Temp Sensor
    Electric fan and relay
    Bleed old fluids and replace with new antifreeze and coolant
    New exhaust rubber
    Remove ARB and replace with new bushes.

This came to nearly Ł400, I realise that those aren't the proper descriptions but I didnt note them all down as I was in a rush.

He said he'd talk to me about it Saturday when I get the car, but I'm concerned if he then asks me to pay for half of it or something. The thing is, after I'd agreed the price and had a few days to think about it, I thought maybe I'd offered slightly too much as the mirror casings are cracked. No big deal but it's hassle to replace them.

What do you guys think he'll do? If he asks for a contribution what shall I say? I've got a written and signed receipt from the guy, and he's nice but I want to know where I stand with this.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Agreed price is agreed price, what's written on the receipt? Did you agree to any of the work? If no, then ask for your deposit back and walk away... but if he isn't going to charge you for the work, pay the balance off and drive away a happy man.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I am afraid, Jojo is right. It sadly is his loss, not yours

Reverse Gear

Status
    If the deal has been done, I'd be interested to know the outcome. Sounds like the vendor played it pretty straight, and the car will go into the winter with a sound cooling system.