New Cat chased away my Cuckoo! (Servicing in South Wales)

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I've just got my company Passat (aka the ASN Support Car) back from Sinclair VW in Port Talbot; and they did a superb job.

Those of you who know me well will be fully aware that I've been suffering an audio version of water-torture for the past few months, in so much as I've been listening to a 'Cuckoo' noise when depressing the clutch, or coming off the gas abruptly. It doesn't sound very much, but when you consider that I can easily spend five or six hours per day in the car, I guess you'll understand that it was getting to me a bit.

It was proving to be a rather elusive fault, but the car went to VW in Port Talbot for service and I asked them to have a look/listen while it was there. I've just got it back following a major service, and with a shiny new downpipe and Cat, and the ****** Cuckoo's gone!

Putting the euphoria of being able to listen to the reassuring drone of a 4-pot turbodiseasel instead of simulated wildlife aside, I can still confidently say they did a great job, and moreover were an absolute pleasure to deal with - customer service was excellent, and I was consistently surprised by just how helpful they were.

Anyway, I enquired if they'd be happy to service Audis, and the answer was yes; so they're definitely worth a call for any of our number in the area and needing work...

Regards,

Rob.

So what was it then?? A cuckoo in your old cat?!