Piggyback tuning chip

youd actually need the colder air to get any gains, if hotter airs being sucked in then how can the ecu tell it thats its colder air. it can tell it, but its not colder and the combustion ratio will be the same.

it may cause problems to.

I must admit it's confusing me how it works too. What problems could it cause? As of tuesday I'll have a cold air feed and induction kit. I'm making a heat shield so the temp of the air is kept as low as poss. Would the piggyback thing be worth £25? I don't see what it could do?

For a turbodiesel yes, 25bhp is possible, as I have one, and it ****** shifts! I doubt you'd get 25bhp from a petrol though, 5 maybe?

So Jojo have you come across any problems? How long have you been running one?

Hmmmm...... Gotta be worth chucking 25 notes at I reckon then. Cheers

So Davsurfa have you installed your piggy-back on yet or any other news you can pass on cuz i'm looking at it as well and maybe i can get some ideas from u. cheers:greyrs4:

Not yet, the piggyback should be here end of the month(I just laid out on 2 new tyres, tax, test and the induction kit) Although the induction kit has made a noticable difference :)

I was warned against putting the induction kit on but I seriously think it has improved the cars performance, not so much an increase in power just smoother and it revs more "freely". On here I was told yes the chip would make a difference but on another forum I've been told to avoid them like the plague. I will be buying one and fitting it but whether it stays on or not we'll see.

If you fit a K&N then I'd recommend a heat shield of some sort, it does deaden the noise to an extent, but I've put a thermometer in the engine bay and ran the car then behind the heat shield and ran it again. There was a 20 degree difference and the shield doesn't even seal!! If I fit an induction kit to any other car in the future I'll be doing the same again.

as for induction kit what you need to change is the air filter only? in order to gain horsepower .

Like replacing the old air filter with the new one is that all? pics
33-2128.jpg
69-9501TB.jpg

I wouldn't fit one to my car, all it does is tel the ECU that the car is running on choke slightly to richen the mixture. Most cars with injection may allow the timing to advance slightly due to the cooling effect of the excess fuel. Side effects can be poor cold starting andbore wash ( which is where so much fuel makes it into the cylinders it litteraly washed the oil away)

Jojo is running a different kind of piggy back to this, especially made for diesels which can alter settings as it fits inbetween the engine and the ECU. The piggy back chip above fits between the the water temp sender and the ECO and is nothing more than a .25p resistor in a posh box

Remove the air box and throw it at the neighbours dog, but before you do that have a mooch at this http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=78735 then after fitting the K&N sit back and enjoy. Well, at least that's what I've done. On mine there was a flat spot at low revs which was annoying but that has dissappeared now and at full **** there is a lovely sound which makes me very happy :)

The chip that you are looking at is different to the one I'm looking at. Yours seems to save fuel by running the car lean where as mine would run the car richer by essentially running on choke so to speak, even though the ad says it could increase mpg but I really can't see how. I've yet to see any mod that increases bhp and actually increase mpg.

I wouldn't fit one to my car, all it does is tel the ECU that the car is running on choke slightly to richen the mixture. Most cars with injection may allow the timing to advance slightly due to the cooling effect of the excess fuel. Side effects can be poor cold starting andbore wash ( which is where so much fuel makes it into the cylinders it litteraly washed the oil away)

Jojo is running a different kind of piggy back to this, especially made for diesels which can alter settings as it fits inbetween the engine and the ECU. The piggy back chip above fits between the the water temp sender and the ECO and is nothing more than a .25p resistor in a posh box

With "bore wash" how long would this take to happen? I understand how and why it would happen but are we talking 2-300 miles or a couple of years??

Hmmmmm.......... ******! That may of put a downer on the plan.