track days for young driver

emery1990

Reaction score
I would like to a track day in the uk, ive looked and seen most tracks have a minimum age of 18, which i am, but would i have trouble trying to get insured for the day?

I went to price it up when I went to Donington Park
j-1.jpg

3 grand excess...no engine/transmission/suspension covered also if you claim 2 marshalls have to have seen the accident??
[size=-2]nobody bothers with insurance [/size]

I concur, most people don't have insurance. Just hope that you don't encounter something like this, though....

_DSC3799.jpg

_DSC4045.jpg

I've done 25 or so track days and I've never had insurance.

This was from Bedford in April and it was the first time I've ever seen 2 cars collide - a DB9 convertible and a 911 GT3 RS. Ouch.

oh I forgot to mention..thanks Jason...this below happened in the first session which made me a bit jittery for a while
100_1116.jpg

yer spose pointless if thats what cover you get. what happens if i crashed into someone with insurance. Id be truly ******, id obviously have some driving lessons first, probally a bit different than driving a car on forza!

to be honest everyone on a trackday feels the same way unless they are d***s
we had a caterham overtake at craners curves which is a no no but afterwards went to ask them why and it was a family so thought leave them to it.
drive reasonably fast and let cars overtake when they are up your ***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5jWPbAvao
the clip doesn't seem fast but trust me it was quick enough

I've been to a few trackdays myself, just give your car a quick once over, especially tyre pressures and bolts, and make sure you have decent working brakes!!
Main thing is to just go out there and have fun, and not be a track day hero! If there's a quicker car out there, move over - Simples.